I downloaded and installed AVG 9.0 a few months ago. My computer slowed down considerably and I eventually uninstalled 9.0 and re-installed AVG 8.5. With 8.5 everything works great but now it seems that 8.5 support may be eliminated soon (possibly already). I'm concerned that if I go back to 9.0 my computer will slow down again.
I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista. I have 2 gig of RAM and I don't believe I can get more RAM.
If your requirnments meet exactly what these must be, then I think you then have to un-install your already big space programmes.
Last is that it slows down your PC because it always remain in "Real Time Protection". In other words, it always monitor what you are doing and which Virus or Trojan has come in PC right now. So I think Real Time Protection is necessary because in this mode anti-virus remove or heal threat before coming into your PC.
the slowdowns are usually caused by conflict application or repeated scanning of some file. Please provide us with detailed description of your system together with the GMER autostart output for brief analysis:
- Download the Gmer tool.
- Save the archive to your disc, extract it and run it.
- Click the > > > tab and select the Autostart tab then.
- Tick the Show all option and click the Scan button.
- When the scan is finished, use the Copy button, paste the text into a text document and save it.
- Attach the document to your next post.