I note from this link that there are two versions of the latest AVG version http://free.avg.com/ww-en/download.prd-afh
Which do I install the 32 bit or the 64 bit.
I am running Windows XP SP3 and have AVG 9 installed.
Thanks, but done that, and still can't find this information:-
. CPU clock and type:
- This information can be found in the same window as described above.
- The window contains other useful information like system architecture (32 or 64 bit) and the exact operating system version (Windows 7 on the attached screenshot).
If you are not sure whether your system is 32 bit or 64 bit, please proceed as follows:
- Press Windows key + R.
- Type msinfo32 and click OK.
- You will see the System Type item on the right side of the opened window (it may be needed to wait for a while).
- If it is "X86 based", then your system is 32 bit. Otherwise it is 64 bit.
AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063 AlanHow-To articles | FAQ