I'm running avgfree free 9.0.862 on win7 ultimate 64bit
My system every now and then keeps going really jerky and thinking it is a disk problem I used Sysinternal's Process Monitor and it seems that process avgrsa.exe seems to be constantly accessing the disk (mainly random files in system32) - almost 95% of all disk activity!! - this happens even when there are no other programs running. I am also running Carbonite's backup service but this doesn't seem to be accessing the disk as often/if at all.
AVG Resident Shield is checking all accessed files. There could be something else which is accessing system files and AVG is checking them. Please proceed as follows:
A) Check the AVG configuration:
- Open the AVG User Interface and press F8.
- Select the Resident Shield item.
- Clear the Scan files on close checkmark.
- Expand the Resident Shield item and select its Advanced Settings sub-item.
- Make sure to select the Scan infectable files and selected types of documents option.
- Select the Cache Server item and make sure that both checkmarks are ticked.
- Click OK to save the configuration.
B) In case the issue would persist, please provide us with additional information: