when exactly is the floppy drive seek occurring (after launching AVG user interface, after booting the system...)?
There is no reason why AVG would try accessing the floppy drive on its own. Could you confirm that the issue is rectified after AVG uninstallation?
Also, you can post here the GMER autostart output:
- Download the Gmer tool.
- Save the archive to your disc, extract it and run the tool.
- Click the > > > tab and select the Autostart tab then.
- Tick the Show all option and click the Scan button.
- When the scan is finished, use the Copy button, paste the text into a text document and save it.
- Attach the document to your next post.
I can definitely confirm it is AVG 9 Free that is causing the floppy seek. I uninstalled it and rebooted twice just to confirm and make sure, the floppy DID NOT seek. The second I reinstalled it the floppy seek was immediate as AVG was searching for something and then again when rebooting.