I'm having trouble getting the the update proxy to farm out new updates to stations. All seems to set up ok, the server has downloaded updates its local update folder (the one shared out). The stations are then configured under Update to only use URL (which is http://[server]:4158/avgupdate).
The station try and connect to this folder but seem to fail and then try and connect to the internet even though i have removed those url's from the settings.
This is currently not allowed as i want all the machines to pick updates from the server and so the update fails.
Could you provide me with some pointers as to what might be set up incorrectly.
AVG will try to update from the internet if the update fails, even if the URL's have been removed. This is by design and cannot be disabled.
In order to see why the update is failing, we would like to see the update log from one of the client machines. Please can you add the 'avgupd.log' to a zip file. Hopefully it will be under 2mb so you can attach it in your reply. If not, please upload to our FTP Server and inform us of the filename: http://www.avg.com/gb-en/faq.num-2142#num-2142
The log can be found here:
XP\Server2003 - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVG2012\log\
Vista\7\Server2008 - C:\ProgramData\AVG2012\log\
OK i've uploaded two log files to the FTP server under david.brinsmead*.7z
This should have two files. meacock1_avgupd.log is my machine and has had some updates but not sure if correctly from the server. The other log file is a clean install on another machine with no success updating.
Thanks for your help
I have removed your email address from the other posts. On the FTP instructions at FAQ 2142, if you follow the 'Manual Steps' tab, you can drag and drop onto the FTP Server. This will prevent having to use the FTP Tool and entering an email address. Please add any files to upload to uniquely named zip file.
The workstation appears to be contacting the Admin Server okay, but not finding the file on the Server. Please can you upload this log file:
Server 2003 - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVG2012\Admin log\log
Server 2008 - C:\ProgramData\AVG2012\Admin Log\Log\
There should be an 'admserver.log' file in this location.
Ok at least that's one good thing. I've attached the admin log.
I will check over our firewall and make sure it's not blocking the downloads. I thought it was ok as the folder had a lot of *.bin files in but looking at it again and i've not seen any for the last 2 days.
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for taking out my emails and for further FTP instructions
Big apology seems some idiot(that'll be me) changed a firewall setting. The server is now downloading updates and most of the machines are updating from this. So thank you very much for your time on this.
That all said a few stations still cannot update and do not seem to contact the server.
I've attached one such log for you to look at if that's ok.