• Empty temporary update files.
Run the AVG Free User Interface (double-click the AVG Free icon on your desktop).
Open the Tools -> Advanced Settings... menu.
Navigate to the Manage option in the Update branch.
Press the Delete temporary update files button.
• Check conflict applications.
• Restart and try updating again.
Also please provide us with the AVG update log.... Have a look @ this 'How-To' link How To Provide Us With The AVG Update Log File. Bear in mind, assuming that you've posted in the correct forum area & you are indeed using AVG 8.5 Free, you'll be dealing with AVG8 files.
AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063 Alan
Im using AVG9 I have emptied the said files and re installed avg 9
in my last post i mentioned what my system comprised of if ud like more info please ask
as the problem still there the up date manager takes ages to become active or show its self on my system and in doing so make my computer un-workable becouse its loading up i tried and used ur gmer tool but compter froze. its very frustrating this I have even thought about diss abling the update manager and re enabling as and when required but this is not a good idea i know!!
please provide us with MSinfo32 and Autoruns outputs for closer analysis of possible slowdown culprit.
How to get MSinfo32 output:
- Click on the "Start" button.
- Choose the "Run" option.
- Please type the "msinfo32" (without quotes) command to the command line and confirm by clicking on the "OK" button (or press Enter).
- After the tool is launched, please choose the "File" menu and the "Save..." option.
- Choose a name and provide us with saved file in an archive (zip file).