Folder AVG Forums » AVG for Mobile » AVG for Android » [SOLVED] "Invalid Password"
April 29, 2014 13:35 [SOLVED] "Invalid Password" #242660
dt gorkem

Novice
Im using a rooted Samsung i9505 (not a custom rom) Ive been using AVG for a while and wanted to make sure its working.. First I tried shout feature which is working well then locate and lock.. But after its locked I figured out its not accepting my passwords.. I tried to renew the password via lock feature but that didnt help either.. Also unlock feature doesnt work.. I have a flight on 1st of May to which I had a flight code in my phone to which i cannot access..

What would you do if you were in my position?

April 29, 2014 14:18 Re: "Invalid Password" #242666
dt gorkem

Novice
SOLUTION..

Okay I found a way to solve this.. I think admins should make a sticky note to forums about this..

It doesnt matter how many times you locked via internet you need the first lock code, so if you dont remember it I would be sorry to say it cannot help you..

Even though theres no popup message or fail message while locking phone with a password it only accepts 4-6 digits passwords.. So just type first 6 digits of your first password and it will be unlocked..

After this bad experience you may also want to uninstall it and I had a problem with that too. It says AVG is a system administrator so it cannot be removed.. I tried to change it within programme but it didnt solve it. So all you need to do is to go to settings and then security and then system administrators. Uncheck AVG antivirus and you will be free. You may need to restart it though.. Try it for yourself (if you want to uninstall it dont forget to uninstall it after removing system admin status) and if you still have problems try to contact @AVGSupport via twitter. They are much more active compared to this forum. Have a nice day.