These community experts are here to help

• (AB) Alan Binch
  • (BA) Borislav Angelov
  • (VB) Vladimir Bartl
  • (SK) Subhadeep Kanungo
  • (MS) Miloslav Serba
Jack HoffmannJack Hoffmann 
Hi.
This trusted website I have been using for years is being blocked by AVG stating it has a virus:
https://cricketonlinehd.com/blog/tag/paid-live-cricket-hd/
I've contacted the website and they assure me they are virus-free.
I have friends who are using the site without problems.
Would it be safe to disconnect AVG while watching the site?
Or is there a better solution?
Thanks and bet wishes,
Jack
Best Answer chosen by Jack Hoffmann
Syed Afroze Arfat AkbarSyed Afroze Arfat Akbar (Foundever)
Thank you for writing us back Jack,
I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would request you to try submitting the link after few mins and check. Could you please try it on another browser. If the issue persists get back to us we will assist you further.

Thank you for understanding.
Esa Bella BeeEsa Bella Bee 
My intention is to use AVG VPN for off-page activities on my website, specifically for the purpose of changing my location. I would like to confirm that using this VPN is secure and won't negatively impact my SEO or marketing efforts.
Best Answer chosen by Esa Bella Bee
John SmithJohn Smith
Regarding the use of AVG VPN for off-page activities on your website and its potential impact on SEO and marketing efforts, I'd like to address your concerns.
Using a VPN to change your location can have both advantages and potential drawbacks. Here are a few points to consider:
Security: AVG VPN is a well-known VPN service that offers encryption and secure browsing. It can help protect your online activities from potential threats, such as hackers or data snoopers. However, it's important to note that no VPN can provide complete security, and vulnerabilities can still exist.
Privacy: By changing your location with AVG VPN, you can access websites and content that might be restricted in your current location. This can be useful for competitive research, localized marketing efforts, or accessing region-specific services. However, be mindful of the specific terms and conditions of the websites you visit and respect their usage policies.
SEO Considerations: When it comes to SEO, using a VPN to change your location can be beneficial if you need to monitor search engine results in different regions or target specific geographic areas. It allows you to see how your website appears to users in different locations and helps you optimize your content accordingly. However, keep in mind that search engines may have their own ways of identifying and flagging VPN usage, and excessive or suspicious behavior might impact your SEO efforts negatively. Therefore, it's advisable to use VPNs responsibly and avoid engaging in any black-hat SEO practices.
Marketing Efforts: Changing your location using AVG VPN can be useful for marketing purposes, particularly if you want to analyze local competitors, perform market research, or assess the effectiveness of localized ad campaigns. It allows you to view your website and marketing materials from different perspectives, tailoring your strategies to specific target audiences. Nevertheless, it's important to maintain transparency and comply with advertising regulations of the regions you are targeting.
Madhur MMadhur M 
Hi. Since the update 2-3 days ago the AVG Service is showing very high CPU usage. Never had this issue before. The laptop is running very slow. Normal Youtube videos are taking 2-3mins to load/buffer.  AVG Internet Security version is 22.1.3219 (Build 22.1.6921.709). I have Windows 7. There is a lot of hard disk space available. I don't play games or download big files. Normal websites are not loading properly. I have checked the control panel and AVG is not installed twice. Please help. Thank you.
Best Answer chosen by Madhur M
Midhun AloorMidhun Aloor (Foundever)

Thank you for sharing the screenshots, Madhur.

In this case, we'd request you to reinstall your AVG Internet Security using our Clear tool & check if the issue persists.
Refer to the below articles to reinstall your AVG Internet Security using Clear:

1. Uninstalling AVG Internet Security using Clear
  2. Reinstalling AVG Internet Security
  3. Activating AVG Internet Security

Keep us updated.

Ian Hell On WheelsIan Hell On Wheels 
Hi,

I currently have an isseue with AVG Free where it blocks an application - Dynojet Powercore from launching the application interface but the service is running in Windows task manger.

I have contacted Dynojet UK and USA and they have not had any other clients with this problem as yet.

They did remotley access a base unit with Dynojet powercore and AVG installed and confirmed it was AVG as when it is removed with AVG clear the apllication loads correctly.

We have this Dynojet Powercore software on 1 base unit and 2 laptops all with the same result as when AVG is removed the application runs as it should.
This iseue is the same with Avast which we did also try.

All Pc's are Win 11 22H2 or 22H1 with a much higher spec than is required.
Currently the base and 1 laptop do not have AVG installed as the Dynojet Powercore software is needed for accessing Motorcyce Tuning.

Any thoughts would be appreciated or if someone could try the above application and generate the same iseue.

Thanks
Best Answer chosen by Ian Hell On Wheels
Midhun AloorMidhun Aloor (Foundever)

Thank you for writing back to us, Ian.

Could you let us know whether you're using any other antivirus software on your devices other than AVG?
Also, if you could reinstall AVG Antivirus on one of your devices, temporarily disable it's individual components one by one, we may be able to narrow down which AVG shield/component is causing the issue.
Refer to this article for detailed instructions to temporarily disable the individual components of AVG Antivirus.
Keep us updated.

Franco PaladiniFranco Paladini 

Hi, I recently purchased a 3 year subscription to AVG VPN. I'm trying to use uTorrent, but when I connect to any location, including those that are said to be optimised for torrent, and it doesn't work. Immediately stop downloading/uploading.
Please can you help me with this? I really want to use this service.

Best Answer chosen by Franco Paladini
Hari ShankarHari Shankar (Avast)
Thank you for updating the status, Franco.
We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved.
For further queries or need assistance, feel free to contact us.
Have a great day, stay safe!
Rosie PereraRosie Perera 

AVG keeps blocking a connection to ap.lijit.com or ce.lijit.com because "it was infected with URL:Botnet". I have not intentionally gone to that domain name, but I get this message quite frequently when visiting a bunch of my usual trusted websites. It apparently is some adware that has injected itself into other sites, if my googling informs me correctly. I'm glad AVG is protecting me from it, but it's getting annoying to have this popup coming up so frequently. I don't even know what sites are causing this to come up, since it pops up randomly so frequently.

Is this a known/common threat? Has anyone else seen it? Should I be trying to notify the websites in question that they are infected with it? I don't go exploring dangerous areas of the web or clicking on links to unknown sites. It's just coming up in the course of my normal business/research use of the web. Checking the news, travel arrangements, etc.Error message that says "Threat secured. We've safely aborted connection on ap.lijit.com because it was infected with URL:Botnet" Code at the bottom: 3b56942f20c4/2022-07-29T20:29:32.562Z

Best Answer chosen by Rosie Perera
Lathika RavindraLathika Ravindra (Avast)
Thank you for writing us back, Rosie.
It seems that the detection is correct and AVG is currently looking into this issue.
We will escalate this case to our higher team to a get a fix, for doing that we need to collect AVG logs from your PC.
We will send an email stating the logs collecting steps, please refer it and revert us back.
Thank you and keep us updated.
Mike PhelanMike Phelan 
Please tell me how to stop advertisements appearing on the AVG Internet Security user interface.

At the moment AVG/Avast are trying to sell VPN to users, most of whom do not need it if they use sensible security security measures. Just stop it will you or provide a system to disable your adverts.
Best Answer chosen by Mike Phelan
AvinashAvinash (Avast) 
Hello, Mike.
Thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns. Many of our users find these offers useful. We handpick them from our own products or those of partners we feel can add to your security or digital experience. You can disable the ad pop ups appearing in system tray but the Secure VPN pop ad on AVG Internet Security interface can not be disabled.

However, we will take this as your valuable feedback and pass it up to our developers.
Kai SawatzkiKai Sawatzki 
When purchasing AVG Tuneup , I assumed that this version included the switch to turbo mode.
Since there are a lot of users complaining about this on the net, I ask that with the next update or fix,
to enable the use of turbo mode again.
Otherwise this was my last purchase of AVG Tuneup, which I was happy with before making this change.
Best Answer chosen by Kai Sawatzki
Sarath PriyanSarath Priyan (Sitel)
Hi Kai,

I see that you have already created a post regarding it and our colleague has explained about it.

Please keep up the conversation in a single post for further communication.
Nima BteNima Bte 

Hi, I tried to use the 60 days for free offer and activate the AVG smart security. But it did not accept my MasterCard. Here is my email. nima.bte@gmail.com

I tried a couple of times but all failed and I do not see that offer anymore! would appreciate if you inform me what i need to do. thanks

Best Answer chosen by Nima Bte
AvinashAvinash (Avast) 
Hello Nima.
Thank you for choosing AVG.
We'd request you to install AVG AntiVirus free and click 'Upgrade'.
You should be able to see an offer to sign up for a 60 day trial.
Try to use a different card of PayPal account.
Marion TeichmanMarion Teichman 
So a few months ago I went to a website that I use daily and all of a sudden Threat secured popped up URL: Phishing.  I put the website on the exceptions list with zero success.  In order for me to go to the website I have to turn off the web shield.  Then it works fine. I should not have to do this for one website!  I contacted AVG though the help area and had a rep sign into my computer to try to fix the problem.  Something that he said would take a few minutes to fix turned into an hour and still not been fixed.  He could not find the issue and said I should uninstall google chrome because that was obviously the problem.  I did this, rebooted the computer, installed a fresh version with no success as well.  I tried opening the website with internet explorer and have the same problem.  I have the paid version of AVG and want this website added to the exception list.  If I am paying for a service I would like for my problem to be fixed without having to jump through several hoops (which obviously did not help).  I pay for AVG to keep my computer safe not cause me a headache.   
Best Answer chosen by Marion Teichman
-980888528-980888528 (Avast)
Hello Marian,
We appreciate your efforts & patience in trying to resolve the issue. The issue might have fixed in the recent update, do you still receive this threat notification?
Please share the screenshot of it and the version of AVG you have installed. We will collect logs and forward to senior team to determine the exact cause.
Ask a question
Struggling with non-AVG technology? We can fix that, too!