January 18, 2010 20:58 AVG And Spotify #58451
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
pradek

Novice
Each time I open spotify now I get a Runtime packed themida. I've added it to the exceptions list but it still keeps coming up. I don't understand why the AVG update has started identifying Spotify as a threat.

Hope some one on this forum can help.

Cheers
January 18, 2010 21:13 Re: AVG And Spotify #58453
Bumbledotmum

Novice
I posted the same query at about the same time as you. I have uninstalled spotify as the alert kept coming up and it was impossible to carry on with anything else.

Is this a "true" alert or another one of those irritants when AVG updates like the problems associated with Zone Alarm a little while ago?
January 18, 2010 21:27 Re: AVG And Spotify #58455
dusano123

This is most likely a false positive, please proceed as per instructions in this thread so we can remove the detection as soon as possible:
http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=395
January 19, 2010 09:24 Re: AVG And Spotify #58619
MarcLodge

Novice
I too have just started receiving this message after AVG 9 updated it's virus engine. Spotify has not changed since install, so I believe this to be a false positive. I have managed it by following the path below which has cleared it. Feel free to do the same if you too believe that this is a false positive, although obviously, if you feel this is an unnecessary risk, then wait for official word from AVG

1. start AVG user interface (right click on AVG in system tray)
2. select components -> resident shield
3. select click manage exceptions
4. select Excluded files, click Add
5. browse over to c:\Program Files\Spotify\spotify.exe and select the file then click open
6 spotify.exe appears in the list with a selected tickbox - click apply
January 20, 2010 18:30 Re: AVG And Spotify #59067
nessa1972

Novice
pradek wrote
Each time I open spotify now I get a Runtime packed themida. I've added it to the exceptions list but it still keeps coming up. I don't understand why the AVG update has started identifying Spotify as a threat.

Hope some one on this forum can help.

Cheers

Spotify is not a threat. You need to open AVG and than you go to Components and to Resident Shield, Manage exceptions and go to excluded files and add the Spotify.exe and the you apply and OK. And everything will be perfect.