Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG 9.0 Free Edition » Problem With AVG & D Link Router Access
April 4, 2010 01:51 Problem With AVG & D Link Router Access #79089
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
casey111

Novice
Greetings to all...
I am having a problem Accessing 2 D-link Routers (DIR-615 & WBR-2310). I have both a laptop and desk top computer. Both have Windows XP SP 3 (lap top approx 2yrs old). When I attempt to access the routers on either system, through Win explorer or firefox, the screen freezes and does not allow access to the router. I did not realize that I had this problem, for on the desk top had installed one of the routers on an earlyer version of AVG (maybe 7) and was able to access the router. The desk top and the laptop, have few programs in common, other than ZA 8.0.298.000, winpatrol 17.0,Windows Defender Version: 1.1.1593.0, and AVG9 (most up to date version). When i attempt to shut down avg...for the most part it will not allow this, but if I turn off what I can.. still not allowed to access the routers. If I completely uninstall AVG for each unit, I then can access the D-links with no problem. I also have not installed/not allowed the explorer plug in for avg.

I really do not like not running AVG, but I need access to the routers...sure hope some one can help me on this..

Thanks in advance...
Casey
April 6, 2010 14:16 Re: Problem With AVG & D Link Router Access #79705
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
jirka82

Administrator
Hi,

could you please check the situation with the Zone Alarm uninstalled (or using its most recent beta version)? Is the issue resolved after disabling the AVG network redirector?
- Press the Win + R keys.
- Type devmgmt.msc into the opened window and click the OK button.
- Select the View -> Show hidden devices menu item.
- Expand the Non-Plug and Play Drivers.
- Right-click the AVG Network Redirector and Disable it.
- Restart the computer.

Thanks.

***************AVG Team