Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » False Positive? - HTML/Framer
July 15, 2010 07:43 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98407
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
MMBlue

Novice
could you please explain how I would know the difference if this is a 'false positive' or a real threat?

If the pop up continues; can I just X out of the error to clear it from my screen?
July 15, 2010 07:50 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98409
Performance PC

Novice
AVG Recaptcha False Positive..

I just started getting this as well with the new update from AVG. I am getting it on Craigslist. How i get around is when i get the warning i click on ignore, then refresh the page. Once or twice i have to do it 2 times, but it allows me to get to the recaptcha to enter it to make the post. Hope this helps.

John.Performance.PC
July 15, 2010 07:59 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98411
ondraploteny

Administrator
Hi,

@MMBlue
False report should not be showed again, if already fixed by virus database update (so the detection window will not reopen, after "x" was used, but it will stay in history results). You could report suspicions (files, websites) to virus@avg.com or post at AVG free forums to get more information.

You could provide us with screenshot of the situation to get better overview.

@ Performance PC
Please start a new thread in Virus section and provide us with current AVG virus database version and exact link of detected website (just amend it with a few inter-spaces to avoid possible detection, if hyper-link created).

This looks like I have noted:
Please keep in mind that this false positive detection HTML/Framer is currently related only with mentioned files (www.google.com/recaptcha/api/js/recaptcha_ajax.js, BrowserCompAp.js), there still exists other websites (files), which really contain this type of infection.

Thank you
***************AVG Team
July 15, 2010 08:24 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98413
MMBlue

Novice
Thank you John for the info. I'm not too internet savvy; so if I hit Ignore and refresh; and IF it was a real threat; then would it infect my system?

Not sure as well on what you mean by 'recaptcha'.

Thank you for your assistance. I really appreciate it.
July 15, 2010 08:33 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98415
ondraploteny

Administrator
Hi MMBlue,

could you please provide us with some more detailed information like screenshot to get closer look at your situation?

Are you using AVG virus database 271.1.1/3006 (open AVG -> menu Help -> About AVG)?

Have you restarted your computer/browser since this detection? (just for sure)

Thank you
***************AVG Team
July 15, 2010 10:35 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98419
reneenan1558

Novice
HTML FRAMER pop-ups fixed..

smile I downloaded the avg update 271.1.1.3006 and the popups are not occuring anymore.
July 15, 2010 12:48 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98465
Kyrill

Novice
Same problem..

Dear all,

Im from The Netherlands and having the same problem, when i try to enter www.hyves.nl the virus pops up.
Where ever i click with my mouse i get a pop up of the virus, it's pretty anoying and i have updated my avg to 271.1.1/3006 and it still doesn't work good im having the problem since 2.00 this day.

I hope you can get me a solution!

P.S I didn't get the virus pop up this time, i think it's already fixed or so.
July 15, 2010 13:04 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98473
normxy

Novice
HTML/FRAMER..

Yesterday, Avg detected pairs of HTML/FRAMER virus at websites PM Treasure Chest and Paypal defining them repeatedly in my temporary internet files path. One was declared inaccessible, the other was sent to the virus vault. AVG apparently protectively removed all anyway. A subsequent AVG scan found no viruses on a total scan of my computer. Repeat visits to the websites produced the same pairs of viruses, requiring repeat AVG removing them. I then downloaded the latest AVG update and just now again got the latest updates at 8:43 am, July15,2010. I did not catch their ID #s.
Paypal gave me a choice for email correspondence of either regular text or HTML format. Should I avoid the HTML format for ID protection?
Should I directly try to delete the specified files ofrom my computer and empty the virus vault?
Or: Should I just ignore them as false positives until AVG comes up with a permanent solution to eliminate them???
July 15, 2010 13:11 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98475
BIG AL 43

normxy wrote
Should I just ignore them as false positives until AVG comes up with a permanent solution to eliminate them???

Are you using AVG virus database 271.1.1/3006 (open AVG -> menu Help -> About AVG)?

Have you restarted your computer/browser since this detection? (just for sure)

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan

July 15, 2010 13:55 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98485
Andre_K

Novice
ondraploteny wrote
Hi,

This looks like I have noted:
Please keep in mind that this false positive detection HTML/Framer is currently related only with mentioned files (www.google.com/recaptcha/api/js/recaptcha_ajax.js, BrowserCompAp.js), there still exists other websites (files), which really contain this type of infection.

Thank you
***************AVG Team

Hello There,

I had posted a similar reply to a different thread so sorry about the duplicate. Many users are indicating that this problem occurs at ANY site they visit and on a blank page as well. I am having this issue on two newer computers at home with ANY site that I visit. Well I suppose it is possible, I don't think that Yahoo, Google, Facebook, and a variety of forums found in search results are all infected at once.

The issue seems to likely be with the AVG toolbar. I am not a fan of toolbar and only run is as it is associated with the resident shield. Does the Resident Shield function with the toolbar turned off?

Thanks for your help!

- Andre_K