Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » AVG 8.5.392 Won't Heal Infections
July 31, 2009 14:08 AVG 8.5.392 Won't Heal Infections #9489
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
devva

Novice
Hi,

I'm having computer virus issues.

AVG Free is finding Win32/cryptor virus/infection.
I update AVG frequently.

When I try to heal the infection it takes time as it wants me to be a power user. I continuously click the Windows pop-up boxes that come up, okaying the process. It takes about 10 minutes to go thorugh all the infections. Then when done, AVG gives me a pop-up box -

Some files cannot be healed
Object(s) are located on a non-local drive

I still have the infections, and AVG refuses to remove them. How can I get AVG to remove them? I've gone through this process a few times, it's been time-consuming and frustrating. confused

My main issues with my computer now is the clickover virus which hijacks my Google searches, and random rebooting of my computer. Sometimes it keeps rebooting and I can't get back to my desktop in a timely fashion as the computer may continuously reboot.

thank you
Devvas
July 31, 2009 14:36 Re: AVG 8.5.392 Won't Heal Infections #9493
BIG AL 43

Moved to the proper forum area for this type of posting.. Virus Removal, Tools for Removing.

Please pay attention to where you are posting in the future and make sure that it fits with the subject of the forum area you are posting in. This allows us to keep the forum better organized so users can find related issues.

If you ever cannot find a post you have made, use the Forum Search and search by your user nickname.

Please read and follow the instructions in How To Clean An Infected Computer.

If you cannot download or update the utils on the infected system try downloading both the programs and their updates on another computer and then copy them to a CD, DVD or USB disk to use on the infected system.

If you do happen to find malware that AVG does not detect when cleaning the system, please follow these instructions What to do if you suspect a file, registry setting or website is infected and not currently detected by AVG

There isn't an anti-spyware util available that cleans everything. That's why the Announcement post How To Clean An Infected Computer recommends the use of AVG 8.5 Free, MalwareByte's Anti-Malware & Spybot S&D.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,052
Alan

August 1, 2009 13:38 Re: AVG 8.5.392 Won't Heal Infections #9753
devva

Novice
Thank you for moving my question to the proper location.

I am running the scan yet again.. and again. AVG finds the virus but won't remove it or put it into the virus vault.

I have printed out the recommended documents and will read them on my trip, leaving tomorrow.

I have already run Spybot and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Meanwhile, I am looking for an answer or insight to my particular situation - why AVG won't delete or put into the virus vault the virus it is finding? I am undable to take action with AVG - which finds the virus and then won't follow through on doing something about it.

I would appreciate some insight into this.

thank you
Devva
August 1, 2009 16:52 Re: AVG 8.5.392 Won't Heal Infections #9781
rdsok

Any further suggestions will have to be based on information you have yet to provide...

Please provide us more information about your system so that we may have it to base our suggestions on, see What information should I include?

AVG Free Volunteer Moderator
AVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 12, 2004
My total posts at the old AVG Free Forums - 44,167

Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on
understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....