Installation log files contain a detailed description of the installation process. If there is an issue during installation, an analysis of the installation log file could show us the culprit.
1. Download and run this tool.
2. Accept the license agreement.
3. Enter your forum nickname.
4. Tick Include AVG installation logs and system information.
5. Click Create archive.
6. Wait for the utility to finish its run. It may take a few minutes.
7. Should the total size be smaller than 2 MB, you will be asked to attach the file (which is created on your Desktop) to your post.
8. If the total size will be larger, the archive will be uploaded to our FTP server.
In case the above linked utility will not gather the installation log files properly, you may provide the files to moderators manually as described below:
1. Make sure that the user who installed AVG is currently logged in.
2. Press the Windows logo key+R.
3. Type %tmp% into the opened window, and then click OK.
4. The user's temporary folder will be opened. Locate the following file in the displayed folder:
If you used the Download Manager to install AVG, please gather its installation log in addition to the above-mentioned log file.
4.1. Locate and open the AVGdownloadManager folder in the opened window.
4.2. Locate the following two files in this folder: