Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG 9.0 Free Edition » How To Enable Identity Protection.
December 14, 2009 22:37 How To Enable Identity Protection. #50283
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Catefm

Novice
Hi, I have noticed that our identity protection on our AVG anti-virus free edition has been disabled. I can't figure out how to enable it again. Please help!!
December 15, 2009 00:32 Re: How To Enable Identity Protection. #50285
BIG AL 43

ID Protection is an add-on that you can purchase and then activate... it is not part of AVG Free but it can now be added to it if the user wishes....

AVG Identity Protection is an anti-malware product that will protect you from all kinds of Malware like Spyware, Bots, Identity Theft using behavioral technologies and provide zero day protection for new viruses. As malware gets sophisticated and comes in a form of normal programs that can open up your PC to the remote attacker for identity theft, Identity Protection protects you from these new execution based malware. It is a complimentary product to AV products.

If you don't want the protection... simply ignore it but some users will likely want to have the option. AVG Technologies simply made it available but is not forcing it on you or others. By including a place for the ID Protection to be monitored and maintained within AVG Free it allows the users that do take advantage of it to not have to start yet another interface to control it... it can all be done from within AVG Free itself.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
December 16, 2009 17:49 How To Enable Identity Protection #50925
balitha

Novice
Required help in enabling the identity protection by free
December 16, 2009 17:58 Re: How To Enable Identity Protection #50929
BIG AL 43

@ balitha

It isn't free!!.... It has to be purchased http://www.avg.com/ww-en/home-small-office-security (Scroll Down).

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan

December 17, 2009 06:17 Identity Protection Will Not Stay On #51069
cjohnrock

Novice
My Identity Protection keep turning off. I re activate it and it may stay on a hour or a day and then. I will notice that it has been deactivated. AVG will also not complete a scan. I can scan C drive ok but it will lock up on my second hard drive. There is no way to stop or cancel it except by turning off the computor. I have used AVG for years and this is the first time I have had trouble with it.

cjohnrock
December 17, 2009 08:12 Re: Identity Protection Will Not Stay On #51097
ondraploteny

Administrator
Hi,

as you are using some paid AVG product (at least paid Identity protection), please contact our AVG technical support, which have enough tools to help you with this situation, on address:

http://www.avg.com/ww-en/customer-support

Thank you
***************AVG Team
January 14, 2010 15:35 Re: How To Enable Identity Protection #57561
trav1s0

Novice
So then you HAVE TO utilize a purchased version in order to enable "identity protection". I have used AVG for many years, this is a new issue for me. I just would like the big yellow explanation point over the tray icon to go away. I don't feel safe with it over the icon.
January 14, 2010 21:22 Re: How To Enable Identity Protection #57649
dusano123

Are you sure you have installed AVG Free version?
Full installation file here:
http://free.avg.com/ww-en/download?prd=afg#tba2

If you did install free version, was the component in error state right after installation?

Were there any other AVG versions installed in the past? If so, I would recommend full reinstallation:
http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=24401
January 15, 2010 08:00 Re: How To Enable Identity Protection #57731
ondraploteny

Administrator
trav1s0 wrote
So then you HAVE TO utilize a purchased version in order to enable "identity protection". I have used AVG for many years, this is a new issue for me. I just would like the big yellow explanation point over the tray icon to go away. I don't feel safe with it over the icon.

Hi,

please be informed that status of not purchased Identity Protection component should not affect the AVG Tray icon (no yellow explanation mark due this).

Thanks
***************AVG Team