Steps To Work With Suspicious False Positive (FP):
- Update your AVG and scan the file once more (right-click on the file, choose "Scan with AVG") to make sure the FP wasn't fixed yet.
- If AVG still detects file and you suspect to be a false positive, test the file at Jotti Virusscan or alternatively at VirusTotal to check for detection ratio between several AntiVirus vendors. If the result points to possible false positive, please refer to Report a false (incorrect) detection article.
Until a false detection will be fixed please refer to Exclude file, folder or website from AVG scanning article.
There are also other types of False Positives, than just files:
AVG Mobilation False Positives
The email address for mobile app submission is email@example.com
More information can be found in this FAQ article.
Website False Positives (+ AVG Toolbar False Positives)
To report a false positive for a website detection you can use this website.
Anti-Rootkit False Positives
Please be informed that AVG Anti-Rootkit detects all processes (not digitally certified by trusted authority), which are using rootkit technique to hide their actions. The detected rootkit can be a virus, as well as a part of a commercial application (more information).
In case of suspicion about a falsely detected rootkit, please create a new thread on this forum and describe the issue in details. Kindly include this information:
- What is the exact AVG program version (found in lower-left corner of the AVG user interface)?
- Include the Anti-rootkit scan result export in your post.
- Please provide a link where the respective detected application can be downloaded from (if available).
- Do you have any optical drive emulation software installed? (If unsure, please attach an msinfo output to your post.)
- If the rootkit is detected in memory section (detection looks similar to"";"<unknown>";"Corrupted section win32k.sys[.text] +0x287A, size 4 bytes";"Object is hidden") please create complete memory dump, send it to our FTP server using this service utility and tell us the name of uploaded file.