Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Home » AVG 2012 » [SOLVED] Desktop Gadget Stuck @ "Initializing"
May 31, 2012 16:01 [SOLVED] Desktop Gadget Stuck @ "Initializing" #205521
Tolkny

Novice
It was working well.

Installed with my computer by supplier.

Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1.

How do I get it working as normal please?
June 1, 2012 10:54 Re: Desktop Gadget Stuck @ "Initializing" #205683
nemethste

Administrator
Hello Tolkny,

Gadget need information from tray and if there is no information, it behaves that way. Can you please confirm, that AVG tray crashes? These issues should be connected together and resolved by complete re-install using AVG remover.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
June 2, 2012 08:16 Re: Desktop Gadget Stuck @ "Initializing" #205861
Tolkny

Novice
OK done that but still have a problem..

Thanks, having done a complete removal and reinstall, which I noted mentioned including gadget, It is now not showing on desktop at all.

I will appreciate advise about what I need to do to get it to display. When I search the Help file for 'Gadget' it returns a nil answer, I guess it needs something setting, please advise.

Also I am surprised I did not get an email advising of the last answer so maybe I need to do something about my forum settings as well, advise about that is also invited. - Thanks.
June 2, 2012 09:06 Re: Desktop Gadget Stuck @ "Initializing" #205863
Tolkny

Novice
OK I've sorted it out...

I found out it is actually called "sidebar gadget" from the installation video.

When I searched the Technical FAQ's for "Sidebar Gadget" I got the instruction to right click from a blank space on the computer's desktop with Windows 7 32 bit, click 'Gadgets' and then enable the AVG one that was shown.

I also now realise it is possible to subscribe to a thread by clicking the 'Tools' link underneath the message and presumably that will produce an email - which I will no doubt confirm when I finish posting this, so thanks I've found my own answer, but I wish it had not taken as much effort!
June 4, 2012 12:14 Re: Desktop Gadget Stuck @ "Initializing" #206221
nemethste

Administrator
Hello Tolkny,

We are glad to hear that the issue had been resolved.

Thank you for posting back.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support