Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Home » AVG 2012 » AVG Network Protection » AVG DNT (Do Not Track) Not Installed In Firefox 11
March 31, 2012 14:55 AVG DNT (Do Not Track) Not Installed In Firefox 11 #196477
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
exwoomera

Novice
Hello,

Just installed AVG AV today and the DNT addon didnt get installed in firefox but its working in IE.

i saw some people have the addon disabled by default by firefox but in my case it didnt get installed at all, theres nothing in addons window.

im running Firefox 11 on 7 x64.

thanks
April 2, 2012 10:09 Re: AVG DNT (Do Not Track) Not Installed In Firefox 11 #196566
nemethste

Administrator
Hello exwoomera,

I was not able to induce the issue.

Please try to repair AVG installation by running the installer again or if it doesn't help, please refer to the following article for help on your issue:AVG 2012 (incl. Previous Versions) Uninstall / Re-Install Instructions

Do not forget to follow After restart section and make sure that you are using right version of remover (32/64 bit).

Also please check which Firefox add-ons are installed and if No Not Track add-on is enabled.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
April 2, 2012 15:52 Re: AVG DNT (Do Not Track) Not Installed In Firefox 11 #196605
exwoomera

Novice
repaired twice and reinstalled..

i have tried repairing AVG twice but no luck, also uninstalled then restarted then installed again and restarted and still nothing shows up in addons window.
though i have "do not track" from Albine installed, does AVG check for that and skip the installation of AVG DNT?
April 3, 2012 08:31 Re: AVG DNT (Do Not Track) Not Installed In Firefox 11 #196657
nemethste

Administrator
Hello exwoomera,

AVG Do Not Track addon is installed with AVG Secure Search, so if you choose not to install this feature, DNT will also not be installed.

It is also possible that there is something wrong with Firefox if the DNT feature works well in IE.
Reinstalling Firefox may help to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

AVG Team
April 3, 2012 18:35 Re: AVG DNT (Do Not Track) Not Installed In Firefox 11 #196702
exwoomera

Novice
Secure search is installed.

re-installed firefox, then repaired avg and restarted and i still cant see avg DNT in extension window of firefox.
April 10, 2012 10:37 Re: AVG DNT (Do Not Track) Not Installed In Firefox 11 #197186
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello exwoomera,

In order to analyze your situation please provide us with Msinfo output and Installation log files.

Thank you

AVG Team