Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » Family Safety » Safari Browser Will Not Load Pages
February 28, 2012 00:43 Safari Browser Will Not Load Pages #193850
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
babice

Novice
This fix for iTunes 10.5 worked to resolve my access to the iTunes Store: http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=190891

However, it did NOT fix my problems with Safari. Safari will not load the home page nor any other url's.

BTW: I tried Chatting with Support and the 1st chat window timed out before I got an answer. The 2nd chat attempt was never responded too.
I called and spoke with a support person this after, from Philippines. It was painful to try to get across my name & email to him, much less the problem. After a half an hr back & forth with him he said I would get an email with the resolution in 10mins. I still haven't received an email for AVG support angry
February 28, 2012 17:02 Re: Safari Browser Will Not Load Pages #193964
nemethste

Administrator
Hello babice,

Please try to re-install Safari and tell us whether issue persists.

Thank you.
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
March 7, 2012 18:28 Re: Safari Browser Will Not Load Pages #194851
babice

Novice
Nope..

Uninstalled, rebooted & reinstalled. Still won't open any urls smile See attached screen shot.
Capture.JPG
March 8, 2012 12:20 Re: Safari Browser Will Not Load Pages #194913
nemethste

Administrator
Hello babice,

Thank you for the screenshot. I brought a lot of light to this case.

Resetting winsocks may help to resolve this issue.

Click Start --> Programs --> Accessories (Right Click on Command Prompt) --> Run as Administrator

then type in:

Netsh winsock reset

Hit enter, restart PC and see whether issue persists.

Thank you.
March 12, 2012 18:39 Re: Safari Browser Will Not Load Pages #195220
babice

Novice
the NETSH WINSOCK RESET cmd & reboot didn't work. I even completed the upgrade to 5.1.4 Safari.

BTW: All my other browser versions work fine...IE, Chrome, Firefox and Opera.
Capture.JPG
March 13, 2012 09:00 Re: Safari Browser Will Not Load Pages #195255
nemethste

Administrator
Hello babice,

Winsock error 10054 is "Connection reset by peer", or "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". The error means exactly what it says - the remote host closed the connection unexpectedly. This happens when a connection is aborted, and there is no tcp disconnection handshake (fin, fin ack, ack) , but instead a rst (reset) flag is sent.

It seems that there definitely is software conflict between AVG Family Safety (or any other Parental Control software and anti-virus software) and Apples Safari browser because they are probably both using winsock and same network layer.

In order to resolve the issue you may follow steps mentioned on apple discussions and Microsoft web.

Thank you.