Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » Trojan Detected, Now Internet & Keyboard Not Working
Page 1 of 2 12››
February 20, 2012 14:26 Trojan Detected, Now Internet & Keyboard Not Working #191112
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
basillica

Novice
A trojan was detected on my laptop yesterday and quarantined. It popped up again after a re-start and was quarantined again. Today the internet won't connect and the keyboard won't work (it says something is wrong with the registry key). The anti-virus is not active and the identity protection is disabled. When I try and run a scan it cancels itself. Attached is the info requested in the thread http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=185154. Please help, I have a uni assignment due I need the keyboard back!!!!
February 20, 2012 15:34 Re: Trojan Detected, Now Internet & Keyboard Not Working #191124
nemethste

Administrator
Hello basillica,

Are you able to use system restore in order to revert to some older settings and be able to use keyboard again?

Also please provide us with both Gmer scan results and AVG Anti-Virus scan results for further analysis.

Thank you

___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
February 21, 2012 18:02 Re: Trojan Detected, Now Internet & Keyboard Not Working #191269
basillica

Novice
There are no previous points to restore from, system restore was turned off. As well as the keyboard the touchpad and dvd drive aren't working either (touchpad & keyboard have error Code 19, the dvd drive is error 41). I have a USB mouse that works but an external keyboard doesn't.

Attached are the other scan results you requested. The second gmer scan failed and when I restarted windows checked the C: for constistency before starting.
February 22, 2012 11:20 Re: Trojan Detected, Now Internet & Keyboard Not Working #191317
nemethste

Administrator
Hello basillica,

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ipsec.sys is system file therefore it can't be moved to Virus Vault or deleted.

In order to get eid of this rootkit infection please replace the ipsec.sys driver manually in off line mode as described here.

Then please provide us with both Gmer scan results to make sure, your computer is infection free.

Thank you.
February 22, 2012 13:00 Re: Trojan Detected, Now Internet & Keyboard Not Working #191324
basillica

Novice
Ok I've asked around but no-one I know has the exact same version of windows for me to copy the driver from. Is there another way of getting it? I have XP Professional 2002 Service Pack 2.
February 22, 2012 14:27 Re: Trojan Detected, Now Internet & Keyboard Not Working #191330
nemethste

Administrator
Hello basillica,

Please update your Windows to latest version (sp3). It should be fine even when ipsec.sys driver is infected.

Also contacting Microsoft support may help to obtain the file.

Thank you for your cooperation.
February 23, 2012 11:03 Re: Trojan Detected, Now Internet & Keyboard Not Working #191401
basillica

Novice
I updated to Service Pack 3. It didn't fix the keyboard/touchpad/dvd drive but otherwise everything seemed to be working fine. I ran the first gmer scan (results attached). I ran the second gmer scan and it took ages, when I came back a few hours later the computer was on but the screen was blank. I had to turn it off, there was nothing else I could do. When it started up again I got a blue error screen about 5 seconds into windows loading. I tried starting again in safe mode but again a few seconds into loading windows the blue error screen came up. What do I do now I can't even start it up. I'm sorry but I am so frustrated and can't afford to take it to someone to get fixed. It was still usable until I ran the second gmer scan. How do I fix it now??
February 24, 2012 13:25 Re: Trojan Detected, Now Internet & Keyboard Not Working #191508
basillica

Novice
Hi, can you help please? What do I do now?
February 24, 2012 14:38 Re: Trojan Detected, Now Internet & Keyboard Not Working #191516
nemethste

Administrator
Hello basillica,

Please try to download older version of Gmer and gather anti-rootklit scan results.

If the Gmer crashes again, please try to replace mentioned problematic C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ipsec.sys as described before in this thread and see whether it helps.

Thank you.
February 24, 2012 15:04 Re: Trojan Detected, Now Internet & Keyboard Not Working #191519
basillica

Novice
But how do I run another scan when I can't even get windows to load now? The blue error screen comes up everytime.
Page 1 of 2 12››