January 24, 2012 16:55 Infected #188605
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
goodsamclubmember123456

Novice
I downloaded avg trial to get rid of a redirect and email problems. supposedly it was taken care of but still does same thing. called avg for support and they sent me here saying no live support for free version? i thought it was a trial of the real deal? avg person didnt seeem concerned about the program not working. What to do now? is the avg download infected with something?
January 24, 2012 16:59 Re: Infected #188607
goodsamclubmember123456

Novice
what am i supposed top do after posting a thread? am i waiting for a response? where? email? on this forum window? who is going to answer? is this public domain? am i talking to hackers or general public or avg personel?
January 24, 2012 17:01 Re: Infected #188609
goodsamclubmember123456

Novice
i keep getting duplicate emails of all sort of spam junk but no avg response to this problem. where do i go for answers
January 25, 2012 11:33 Re: Infected #188699
nemethste

Administrator
Hello goodsamclubmember123456,

Have you downloaded AVG from our website?

If you are still being redirected or you are experiencing any issues, please provide us with both Gmer scan results Msinfo output and AVG Anti-Virus scan results for further analysis.

goodsamclubmember123456 wrote
who is going to answer? is this public domain? am i talking to hackers or general public

This is official AVG support forum. Your posts are visible for everyone and your questions may be answered by AVG personal (check for AVG avatar) or other forum users. Also please note that we are situated in Brno, Czech Rep. and we will be answering on forums in CET working hours.

Thank you

___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
February 25, 2012 00:47 Re: Infected #191592
Hamitup

Novice
To answer your question, I do believe that the AVG software we are downloading is infected. The problem I am having is that AVG is preventing me from accessing my e-mail account and causing computer crashes. PC Tuneup also does nothing but crash my computer. I have to conclude that somehow about 22 or 23 February a virus infected AVG and we are paying the price with little interest or support from AVG. Once infected they tell me, AVG no longer provides support. Sounds crazy doesn't it? I keep getting an AVG logo and the annoluncement that the site can't be found. I have been using the same e-mail site (windows.live) for many years. The problem is with AVG.

EDIT.. I forgot to add to my statement above that I have a paid two year subscription to AVG, not the free version. Also, they tried to sell me the $199.99 TechBuddy service when I asked for help on line with the infection. The offer and service are outrageous abuse. AVG is providing no support for its paid product, just promotional offers to sell very expensive and unnecessary services. I tried to bring this to the attention of management using the suggested management feedback site. The site failed to take the feedback after two lengthy attempts. There is no follow-up service from AVG once you buy the product as far as I can see. I asked for a copy of the on-line transcript, completed the survey and filled in the form. I never received a copy of the transcript, which they offered but never sent.
February 25, 2012 12:51 Re: Infected #191609
BIG AL 43

@ Hamitup

Please refrain from carrying out multiple postings on basically the same subject!.. http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=191580. You won't obtain an answer to your query any faster. Your posts will no doubt be monitored by the relevant AVG Team but please bear in mind it's now the weekend in Brno, Czech Rep..

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support