Folder AVG Forums » AVG SMB » AVG for servers » Database is Outdated
October 16, 2011 17:40 Database is Outdated #177101
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
SeaDogBob

Novice
Have been running AVG File Server Edition happily for a year now. Lately, Neither the Anit-Virus or Anti-Spyware databases are updating.

The event history shows the last successful update as July 16, 2011 (file attached).

When I click to "Update now" it shows the update progress getting to 16.2 KB where it then seems to hang. This is the URL for the update file: http://update.avg.com/softw/10/update/avg10infowin.ctf. I cancelled the update then manually downloaded to CTF file from the server, then instructed AVG to update from the local machine which then succeeds.

Still, the dashboard indicates the Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware is outdated.

The dashboard shows:
Virus DB: 1520/3822
AVG version: 10.0.1391
Licence expires: 10/12/2012

The database is obviously not updating, even after I do a manual update from the above referenced file. It seems to me that the file being downloaded is old. I have also attached the update file here.

This is making no sense to me. My home system is updated and shows the Virus DB as 1522/3954, obviously newer than what is on my server.

I tried to attache these files:
avg_event_history.csv
avg10infowin.ctf
win_server08[NFO].zip

But got these errors:
Field '' is invalid. File is in forbidden types jpeg,jpg,gif,png,doc,pdf,txt,htm,html,ace,gtar,gz,rar,tar,zip,7z,log,csv,cab,docx.
Field '' is invalid. File is in forbidden types jpeg,jpg,gif,png,doc,pdf,txt,htm,html,ace,gtar,gz,rar,tar,zip,7z,log,csv,cab,docx.
I've seen other posts asking the poster to post files but how can I if this system won't let me?

So, I did go to the site and downloaded Iavi: 3855 which is dated today and performed as manual update against this file and that worked. Now, the dashboard indicates the Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware is up to date.

The dashboard shows:
Virus DB: 1520/3955
AVG version: 10.0.1391
Licence expires: 10/12/2012

Hopefully, someone can explain to me why my automatic updates are no longer working.
angry
October 16, 2011 18:26 Re: Database is Outdated #177110
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
will_h

Hi SeaDogBob,

please provide us with AVG Log files. See How to gather logfiles

Please pack the output in an archive (zip file) and provide us with it.

I suggest to update your AVG to latest version (2011.1411)

Thank You
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free Support