Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2011 Free Edition » AVG Update » [SOLVED] User Account Control Popup Alert - AVG Updated & Still Attempts To Run File
May 3, 2011 08:55 [SOLVED] User Account Control Popup Alert - AVG Updated & Still Attempts To Run File #160045
Dimi_Circe

Novice
I keep getting this pop up alert from User Account Control (in Windows Vista):

I haven’t initiated this program and, after checking on this site, my AVG Free appears to be the latest version. I also ran a manual update from within AVG User Interface but still receive the popup message.
The file avgmfapx.exe was created on 28th April 2011, size: 4,216 KB (4.11MB); the file avgmfarx.dll was created at the same time.

Is this a legitimate (and current) program? Should I allow it to run or delete it?
Program name: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011
AVG Version: 10.0.1325
Virus database version: 1500/3611
Release date: Tuesday, 3 May 2011, 12.51 AM
LinkScanner version: 583

Happened again when I used AVG Update Manager to update & it reported “Update completed successfully. You are currently up-to-date”

Out of curiosity & because in 2 other threads it is indicated that this should be run I clicked on Continue and allowed it to run. It stopped and reported that there was insufficient free space on the drive for installation to continue. There is just over 500MB of free space on the drive. Something is very odd here – it looks like it wants to do a complete reinstall; so, … again, should I allow this to run, delete it??? What is happening here?
UAC - AVG.jpg
May 3, 2011 11:15 Re: User Account Control Popup Alert - AVG Updated & Still Attempts To Run File #160069
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Dimi_Circe,

Yes, it is correct AVG update.

For help on your situation please empty temp folder and try run update again.

If this doesn't help refer to the following article for help on your issue:
AVG 2011 + 9.0+8.x Uninstall / Re-Install Instructions
Do not forget to follow After restart section and make sure that you are using right version of remover(32/64 bit).

Please accept our apologies for these inconveniences.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ
May 3, 2011 12:54 Re: User Account Control Popup Alert - AVG Updated & Still Attempts To Run File #160079
Dimi_Circe

Novice
Fixed..

"empty temp folder and try run update again."

Thanks, that worked. Installed smoothly & no more pop-ups.