Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG 8.5 Free Edition » AVG Update » Windows Says My AVG Is Outdated.
September 2, 2009 20:12 Windows Says My AVG Is Outdated. #15497
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
officeadm

Novice
I wish I had paid more attention to this earlier, and maybe I would have better information. The first problem I noticed was that I could not open an online banking website. Message was that "security certificate has expired" Actually, it said it expired in November, 2009. I later learned this bank does not use the security certificates, so maybe this is a default date. Also, the message stated that if you have been accessing this site without problems, maybe it is a bogus site. This got me concerned about my other financial sites, but I can access all those. I do have a few saved sites that I save username, but not password. On all of those I have tried, the username is not there today. By then I noticed that Windows Security says that AVG says my virus protection may be outdated. This, I think, was set to be updated automatically, and have had no trouble with it before. I reinstalled AVG to ascertain that it was current, but Windows still gives me the security alert. My theory is that since it does not recognize my AVG as being current, it is protecting me by taking away any saved usernames I have, and because that bank did not use a security certificate, it did not allow it. I could override the alert and access the acct. that gave me the alert, but I am not yet willing to do that. How can I know I am covered with AVG? I am using Windows XP and AVG Free Edition. Also, one other little bit of information, my list of installed programs says AVG was last used DEC. 2, 2009.
September 2, 2009 20:42 Re: Windows Says My AVG Is Outdated. #15505
ondraploteny

Administrator
Hi,
please check this FAQ and your system date as "2 DEC 2009" looks not correctly.

Else could you please provide us with all needed information?

Thanks
***************AVG Team
September 2, 2009 20:47 Re: Windows Says My AVG Is Outdated. #15507
BIG AL 43

Moved to the proper forum area for this type of posting.. AVG Update.

Please pay attention to where you are posting in the future and make sure that it fits with the subject of the forum area you are posting in. This allows us to keep the forum better organized so users can find related issues Forum Structure - Where To Put Your Question?.

If you ever cannot find a post you have made, use the Forum Search and search by your user nickname or check out 'View all Posts' in your 'Profile'.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan