Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2011 Free Edition » "Could Not Finish Automatic State Repair"
October 24, 2010 18:29 "Could Not Finish Automatic State Repair" #119673
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
mariaet2

Novice
Hi,
I just upgraded to AVG free 2011. And everytime i start my computer is says warning problems detected. upon opening AVG Free 2011 i click the "FIX" button and it starts and then a bubble pops up saying "Could not finish automatic state repair we weren't able to fix one or more components"
Ive tried to uninstall and reinstall the application and also repair the application and nothing seems to work. Ive gotten it to scan and update itself but the Antivirus is grey the resident shield is red and the identity protection is yellow. Can anyone help??!?!?!

Thanks

EDIT.. in addition i cant do many operations in AVG, any advice would be greatly appreciated. its got all different kinds of errors. its screwing up my computer.
November 3, 2010 12:24 Re: "Could Not Finish Automatic State Repair" #123879
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
gRambo2010

Novice
To fix this problem, rename the "avg.snu" file to something else (i.e.: avg.snu.old). By default, this is in C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10 folder.

Download the latest full installer for AVG Free 2011.

Run the installer and select the "Repair" option when given the choice.

Load up AVG Free 2011 - if the components are still in an error state, attempt to Fix them again.

Should be good to go.