Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2011 Free Edition » AVG Identity Protection In AVG Free
September 29, 2010 17:26 AVG Identity Protection In AVG Free #110179
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
AvgBrasilUser

Novice
Hello all,

I would like to say that I am really satisfied with this last AVG release (2011).
Its running smoothly in all friends/family machines I have installed up to now.
I would like to say a big thanks to the developers and to the company in general. The website is very good too.

Any way, I had notice that theres a new module in the free edition, called Identity protection. However in website, it says that this Identity protection is only available for the paid editions as this chart shows:

http://free.avg.com/br-en/product-comparison

Is there any diference in the identity protection present in Paid editions and free edition? Or its the same? By the way, this Identity protection is like the same product that was sold as a stand alone software sometime ago?

Thanks for your time!

AvgBrasilUser
September 29, 2010 17:39 Re: AVG Identity Protection In AVG Free #110185
BIG AL 43

Before you installed AVG Free http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=109397.... Have you read the User Manual?.. AVG Identity Protection is now part of AVG 2011 Free Edition together with Anti-Rootkit scanning.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To articles | FAQ | Knowledge Base
September 29, 2010 17:52 Re: AVG Identity Protection In AVG Free #110187
AvgBrasilUser

Novice
Hello Big Al 43,

Thanks for the quick response.

I did read the manual. But I couldnt understand if the Identity Protection Module present in free edition is exactly the same present in the paid editions, due to some factors:

1- Identity protection (and rootkit protections) in manual, dont have a link to further explanation as the other modules have.
2- The free edition manual seems to mix some options related only to avg internet security with the free edition... (For example some pictures, the option to update every 4 hours, etc).

And also that chart in the link that I provided in the last post.

I know that Identity protection is available in free edition (cause it loaded in all instalations that I did), I just didnt know if this Identity protection is a stripped version of the Identity protection present in paid products.

Thanks for your time!

AvgBrasilUser
September 29, 2010 18:51 Re: AVG Identity Protection In AVG Free #110195
dallas7

Senior
I have verified via email with AVG support that version 9.0.979 is the last stand-alone Identity Protection product offered by AVG and they have abandoned the customers who purchased it.

Currently at configuration version 257, IDP v9 fails to recognize idat 258 listed on the update page. Since there is no manual updater for the downloadable .bin file, IDP v9 is obsolete.

The latest version of Identity Protection is now a component of all releases of the AVG 2011 product.