June 22, 2009 13:07 Win32/heur #1043
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
wardsxj

Novice
Hi all I have only been using AVG for a short while and recently my PC has been doing some things much slower than usual, the last 2 times I have run a scan AVG finds this WIN32/heur and is recognising it as a threat under the infections tab in the scan results it is shown -
"C:\System Volume Information\_restore{F28E9ED2-2682-4135-8DAB-43BEDFE2D416}\RP1535\A0091574.exe";"Virus found Win32/Heur";"Infected"
I have tried clicking the remove selected infections button but get the following message:- Moved object is bigger than the archive size limit. There are two buttons on this message window one is go to file the other is ignore. I have clicked on the go to file button and gone to the file location and tried to delete from there but get a message saying access is denied.
My operating system is XP
I am using AVG free version 8.5.339
I also run Scanspyware, spybot S&D , windows defender
I do not think I have a firewall operative
I am on dial-up
I run spyware and antivirus checks after every long session on the web or when Ihave been into a site that may be suspicious.
I also use C Cleaner and a registry defrag
AVG is set to automatically update
I also have killbox and hijack this but am not sure how to use them.
I hope this is enough information for someone to assist me.
If not please let me know what else is needed and I will get that asap. confused
June 22, 2009 13:22 Re: Win32/heur #1045
ondraploteny

Administrator
Files placed in the "System volume information" folder are source files for the system restore function that is available in Windows XP operating system. This function enables user to restore previous system configuration by using backup created in the past. It is possible that this backup contains files that were infected in a time of its creation. To remove these infected files it is necessary to DELETE them by following these steps:

- Close all open programs.
- Right-click on "My Computer" on the Windows desktop.
- Click on the "Properties" option and switch to the "System Restore" tab.
- Check the "Turn off System Restore" on all drives and confirm with "OK" button.
- Restart your computer.
- Go through the first four steps again and uncheck the "Turn off System Restore" option.

Thanks
June 22, 2009 13:30 Re: Win32/heur #1047
BIG AL 43

Create a new System Restore then empty the System Restore files.. the system will keep the last one you created and clear the old points out that contain the malware.

Here is a post about how we prefer to clean a system, these instructions also include cleaning spyware which often is as bad or worse than many viruses as well as other useful information http://forums.avg.com/ww.avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=403.