Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG 9.0 Free Edition » What Is A Shell Extension Scan?
June 8, 2010 23:48 What Is A Shell Extension Scan? #92209
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
northernsky

Novice
Please can you tell me what a shell extension scan is? I had to restart my computer when Microsoft Word crashed on me. As the computer was starting up, my free AVG 9 ran a shell extension scan. It lasted for only a matter of seconds, and the scan history folder showed that only 2 objects were scanned. I've never seen a shell extension scan running before, so hope you can offer some assistance in explaining what it is. Many thanks. smile
June 9, 2010 06:19 Re: What Is A Shell Extension Scan? #92249
jirka82

Administrator
Hi northernsky,

the shell extension scan can be launched by right-clicking an object (a folder, a shortcut or a file) and selecting the Scan with AVG menu item. This type of scan is useful when you would like to scan only a few files (e.g. some recently downloaded files) - there is no need to run full computer scan.

Thanks.

***************AVG Team
shell_extension.png
June 9, 2010 10:27 Re: What Is A Shell Extension Scan? #92337
BIG AL 43

Before you installed AVG Free http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=27491.... Have you read the User Manual?.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan