Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG 9.0 Free Edition » AVG Installation/Uninstallation » AVG Uninstall Problems - Posted Uninstall Info No Help
January 11, 2010 00:14 AVG Uninstall Problems - Posted Uninstall Info No Help #56331
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
RDtech50

Novice
Hello, I am getting errors when trying to UNinstall AVG Free Ver. 9.0.725. I've read the routinely posted uninstall info, and using the given AVGremover utilities does NOT work.

Windows 7, 64 bit
AVG Free Ver 9.0.725
Windows Firewall: ON
Zonealarm Firewall: ON

Error message upon using AVG's own uninstall program:
See image here: http://i46.tinypic.com/fxrxox.png
Message details:
" Local machine: prepared for the installation
Installation:
Error: Uninstallation is not possible. Product not installed."

Error messages received using AVGremoverx64 and AVGremover_en:
See image here: [url] http://i45.tinypic.com/1zvcv4j.png [/url]

1. I've tried AVGfree's own Uninstall app and it apears it thinks the program is not installed which it clearly IS (and running, I might add), resulting in an Error.

2. Upon using the AVGremover apps for 64 bit machines, again the result is negative. AVG remains in the system tray and running, even after system reboot.

Any help completely removing this app from my system would be appreciated. If any further information is required, please ask.

Thank you in advance.
January 11, 2010 00:31 Re: AVG Uninstall Problems - Posted Uninstall Info No Help #56343
BIG AL 43

You shouldn't have 2 firewalls installed on your system. Use either Windows or ZA not both!

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan

January 11, 2010 09:01 Re: AVG Uninstall Problems - Posted Uninstall Info No Help #56427
ondraploteny

Administrator
Hi,

If AVG removers or uninstallation is not working properly (and you have disabled all other protection applications and run AVG utilities as Administrator - right-click and choose "Run As Administrator"), you could try to install AVG "again" - http://free.avg.com/download-file-ins-afg-free - and then uninstall again.

Or remove these registry keys and then run the remover again:
- open menu Start -> Run -> enter "regedit" and confirm OK

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Avg
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AVG Security Toolbar
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AVG9Uninstall

All "avg*" services from:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

Restart the computer.

Thanks
***************AVG Team
January 11, 2010 13:27 Re: AVG Uninstall Problems - Posted Uninstall Info No Help #56557
RDtech50

Novice
BIG AL 43 wrote
You shouldn't have 2 firewalls installed on your system. Use either Windows or ZA not both!

Hi Alan, thank you. Yes I understand that issue. After careful and extended monitoring they appeared to peacefully co-exist, and each serves a separate purpose for my system. In the end this proved not to be the cause of my AVG uninstallation problem.
January 11, 2010 13:33 Re: AVG Uninstall Problems - Posted Uninstall Info No Help #56563
RDtech50

Novice
ondraploteny wrote
Hi,

If AVG removers or uninstallation is not working properly (and you have disabled all other protection applications and run AVG utilities as Administrator - right-click and choose "Run As Administrator"), you could try to install AVG "again" - http://free.avg.com/download-file-ins-afg-free - and then uninstall again.

Thank you ondraploteny (AVG TEAM), ... re-installing then uninstalling again using AVG's own uninstall program did, in fact, work. I never had to resort to removing keys from the registry.

I hope this solution works for the several others who have posted with this same issue and for whom the standard AVGremover tools did not help.
January 11, 2010 13:54 Re: AVG Uninstall Problems - Posted Uninstall Info No Help #56573
ondraploteny

Administrator
Hi,

Just for your information:
I have checked the AVG remover for 64bit and it was working properly. It only needs more time on the same stage "INFO Processing service AvgMfx64"

Thanks
***************AVG Team
May 17, 2010 22:17 Re: AVG Uninstall Problems - Posted Uninstall Info No Help #88087
arrow114

Novice
Cant uninstall!..

ok,halfway through installation,i turned off my pc,when i got back it showed me this trial error thing(i was on trial)and asked me my company and stuff,so i deleted all avg bits i could find but that message still pops up when i log on,and yes,it this trial bin error thing or something,plz email me what to do :frowning:
May 17, 2010 22:34 Re: AVG Uninstall Problems - Posted Uninstall Info No Help #88089
BIG AL 43

@ arrow114

AVG Free forum moderators don't reply direct to email addresses....

Please try to remove any possible AVG remnants by avgremover.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan