Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG 9.0 Free Edition » Error Signature
May 17, 2010 21:05 Error Signature #88083
Detlev Petersen

Novice
When I try to open Outlook 2000 (Ver 9.0.0.2711) on my main computer it gives the message ”Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience” and closes.

The error message is attached as a screen dump
– Error signature.
AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.6604 Mod Name: avgxch.dll
Mod Vers 9.0.0.794 Offset: 0000.4e2e

In searching for a solution it seems to be an incompatibility of file application version. Is this with the Mso9.dll file (vers 9.0.0.6926)? Other thinking was that it is a registry problem or is the avgxch.dll corrupt. I tried substituting it with the same file and version 9.0.0.794 from my Laptop AVG but Outlook still would not open.
I also ran the repair tool in office and reinstalled Office 2000 and ran the repair tool of XP but nothing worked

I did a file search and found the avgxch32.dll file in two locations.

under folder AVG Download Manager\packages\11 is version 9.0.0.663 of 2009/11/04 – 320KB
under folder AVG 9 is version 9.0.0.794 of 2010/5/15 – 337KB

The AVG free version is 9.0.819 release 15/5/2010 virus db 271.1/2879
previously was on AVG 8.5

I am running XP Professional SP-3 windows version 5.1
No Firewalls
Permanent Telkon Adsl connection with Mweb 2GB
Get emails via my laptop
Hope someone can help cool
May 17, 2010 21:17 Re: Error Signature #88085
BIG AL 43

Your post has been split away from where you incorrectly posted to form a new thread. It wasn't the same issue....

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan

May 18, 2010 11:08 Re: Error Signature #88169
jirka82

Administrator
Hi Detlev Petersen,

could you please confirm that the issue is resolved when the AVG MS Outlook plugin is uninstalled or the DLL library is unregistered?

How to unregister the AVG plugin:
- Press the Windows log and R keys simultaneously.
- Type regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgxch32.dll" and click the OK button.
- Information about successful unregistration should appear on your screen.

How to uninstall the (whole) AVG E-mail scanner component:
- Please run the most recent AVG Free installation package and choose the Add or remove components option.
- Untick the E-mail scanner component and finish the installation.
- Restart the computer.

Please tell us which additional MS Outlook add-ins are installed (if it is possible to open the MS Outlook application now):
- Open the MS Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu -> Options -> the Other tab ->
the Advanced options button -> the Add-In manager and COM Add-Ins buttons.
- Please create screenshots of both windows.

Please provide us with the GMER autostart output as well.

Thanks.

***************AVG Team
May 21, 2010 13:40 Re: Error Signature #88767
Detlev Petersen

Novice
I unregistered the AVG plugin as suggested and uninstalled the AVG and removed the files and deleted AVG and AVG9. I reinstalled AVG and still had the same problem, so I uninstalled/removed all again and was able to get into Outlook.
Then I encountered the following error message when I wanted to create a new email - "Outlook cannot create the email message because a location to send and receive messages could not be found. To add a localion, click Tools menu, click Services and click Delivery tab" - My Tools does not have a Services tab. I have the accounts tab and proceeded to uninstall the POP3 account and reinstalling it. Did not help.

Also cannot open the Address book in Outlook and when I wanted to sent something I had in the Drafts box I get the same error message- "Error occurred while attempting to open Windows Address Book. Please specify a default location in your profile."
I have attached the Gmer output which was empty and the Add-In manager and COM Add-Ins
There is no Address given in the "Properties for Inbox" tab - Inbox Properties then Home Page as shown in the attachment. Should this be like that?
May 23, 2010 11:46 Re: Error Signature #88971
dusano123

Hello,

Since the issue persists even when AVG plugin is disabled, it seems that your installation of Outlook is corrupted.
Please try to reinstall Outlook to working state.

Afterwards try to reinstall AVG:
http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=44013

If the issue still persists, please provide us with Gmer autostart output, not with Rootkit/Malware output as displayed in the screen you have attached:
http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=85119

Thanks
May 30, 2010 09:30 Re: Error Signature #90269
Detlev Petersen

Novice
I uninstalled and reinstalled the Microsoft Office 2000, but it still would not work as it could not find the location of the send and receive messages and asked that I create a profile, but would not find the tabs I was referred to. I then resorted to going to the File tab and under "New" opened a new personal folders .pst file which then allowed the Outlook to work and I then switched to the old Outlook.pst location and it now all works. The creation of the new personal folders.pst file seems to have created the path for send and receive messages profile. I then downloaded AVG 9.0 free version and it works. What a performance, when something gets stuck! Thanks for your assistance. laughing