Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG 9.0 Free Edition » Firewall In Free Edition?
March 18, 2010 18:11 Firewall In Free Edition? #73919
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
abcathome

Novice
We are contemplating (very strongly) using AVG and I'm looking at the differences between the Free Edition and the Full Edition. One of the differences I see is that the Full Edition has an "enhanced firewall" protection. Does that mean the the Free Edition has a firewall, but just not an advanced one? Or does that mean that the Full Edition is the ONLY edition with a firewall? By saying it has an enhanced firewall, I'm thinking that it means that the firewall in the Full Edition is just a better firewall than the one in the free edition or the Anti-Virus Edition. (Or does the Anti-Virus edition not have a firewall either? LOL)

Any thoughts you can provide on this would be great...I know that DH will want a Firewall when we do switch from our current protection plan.
March 18, 2010 18:20 Re: Firewall In Free Edition? #73923
BIG AL 43

AVG Free Editon AV doesn't feature any firewall.... This is part of AVG Internet Security http://free.avg.com/ww-en/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition?cmpid=fr_bn_free_670 (scroll down) & also AVG Anti-Virus & Firewall 9.0 Pro (paid for) version http://www.avg.com/gb-en/product-avg-anti-virus-plus-firewall.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan

March 18, 2010 18:39 Re: Firewall In Free Edition? #73931
abcathome

Novice
Thanks for this...I was looking at the "free.avg.com" site so wasn't seeing all the options. :nerd: I will show this to DH and see what he says.
March 19, 2010 15:00 Re: Firewall In Free Edition? #74239
jirka82

Administrator
Hi,

just small clarification: by enhanced firewall we would like to emphasize that the AVG 9.0 Firewall was significantly enhanced comparing to the one in AVG 8.5 paid versions.

Thanks.

***************AVG Team
October 1, 2010 15:11 Re: Firewall In Free Edition? #110803
efalkiewicz13

Novice
Firewall Exceptions..

AVG Free Edition firewall is blocking a site where I do some of my homework. I need to know how to put some exceptions in so that I can do my homework. Does anyone know how, and if it can be done in the free version? :undecided:
October 1, 2010 15:31 Re: Firewall In Free Edition? #110809
BIG AL 43

@ efalkiewicz13

As stated previously in this thread http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=73923#post_73923 AVG Free Edition doesn't feature a firewall....

Please provide us more information about your system so that we may have it to base our suggestions on, see What information should I include?.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To articles | FAQ