Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG 8.0 Free Edition » AVG Expired - Will Not Allow Re-Installation Or Removal
January 5, 2010 23:23 AVG Expired - Will Not Allow Re-Installation Or Removal #54979
MCGStars

Novice
My Free AVG 8.0 Edition has expired on one of my XP computers. I attempted to install the latest version of AVG, but it does not allow me to do so. I also attempted to uninstall the program and then re-install it. The screen says that my ID has expired and tells me to contact AVG support. Each time I try to remove AVG 8.0, or install the latest version it tells me I am unable to do so. It tells me to check my internet connection and try again. The internet connection is fine, and it gives me the same messages. It also indicates that the file may be corrupt. In the meantime, I cannot download ANY kind of protection software because AVG is stuck on my computer. I have AVG on other computers and have never had such a problem. Please tell me how I can get this AVG version off of my computer!!!

January 5, 2010 23:47 Problem Solved #54983
MCGStars

Novice
I solved my own problem - I found this post:

http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=44013#post_44013

The Free AVG 8.0 is now uninstalled and the new Free AVG is on my computer.

I appreciate the earlier post!