Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » Svchost.exe Virus Help!!!!
December 7, 2009 14:38 Svchost.exe Virus Help!!!! #48177
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Neddy236

Novice
Hello,
(I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate)

Ok im running on AVG Internet Security 9.0 and i got a problem from a file called svchost.exe
First i detected a worm virus on that file and my AVG successfully removed that virus.
A couple days later i got this message when im surfing the web mostly
THREAT BLOCKED!
91.212.226.178/1.exe
Trojan horse Vundo.JB
I click the details button and it says Process name: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
I've already tried to delete the file (also done a virus scan and anti-spyware scan with several programs with no success of locating that file as a virus,also i can't locate that file running in the task bar anywhere)
Please someone help
Thank you - Neddy-
December 7, 2009 15:20 Re: Svchost.exe Virus Help!!!! #48209
BIG AL 43

The forum is only for AVG Free Edition... the help is only from other AVG Free users. Any questions concerning the Pro either Trial or Paid for version must be directed at AVG's Tech or Sales support on the main website http://www.avg.com/support-existing.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan

December 7, 2009 16:08 Re: Svchost.exe Virus Help!!!! #48245
Remkop

Novice
BIG AL 43 wrote
The forum is only for AVG Free Edition... the help is only from other AVG Free users. Any questions concerning the Pro either Trial or Paid for version must be directed at AVG's Tech or Sales support on the main website http://www.avg.com/support-existing.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan

I am runnning AVG 9.... and have the same failure svchost.exe is trying to open a file in windows/temp.recognized by AVG as a Trojanhorse Vundo.jb. after running a few testfiles and checking the register no related files can be found. Is this perhaps a new AVG trick?

remko
December 8, 2009 11:51 Re: Svchost.exe Virus Help!!!! #48525
ondraploteny

Administrator
Hi,

please check this thread - http://forums.avg.com/cz-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=48435#post_48435

Thanks
***************AVG Team
December 11, 2009 18:40 Re: Svchost.exe Virus Help!!!! #49677
DaGreatPanda

Novice
Hm.. I had the same problem also.

I'm using AVG 8.5.

svchost.exe is infected with Trojan Horse Vundo.IW from the Web Shield Alert.

Started at the exact same date as the two above. Well the 6th of December, but close enough.

I was getting constant Web Shield alerts at least every 10 minutes about a Trojan Horse Vundo.IW, but it just mysteriously stopped on Wednesday around 5pm~.

I've been looking everywhere about this virus because neither AVG, Adaware, or Spybot S & D could find this virus at all. Not a trace. Just the Web Shield alerts that just stopped.

Was there an update Wednesday about 3 - 5pm PST?

I've been looking everywhere because this problem was really bothering me that it just stopped happening.

Could this have been a false positive from an update?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread but it just seemed similar to my own problem.

Much help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!
December 15, 2009 15:02 Re: Svchost.exe Virus Help!!!! #50441
ondraploteny

Administrator
Hi,

according to one similar case the issue was caused by injected crucial system file and is possible that you were updated by Microsoft, which time-to-time release repair utilities for the system drivers injected by malware.

Thanks
***************AVG Team