Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG 8.5 Free Edition » AVG Update » AVG Update Nag Screen Blocks Remote Access
November 12, 2009 22:10 AVG Update Nag Screen Blocks Remote Access #36981
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
tomwms

Novice
I have AVG 8.5 free edition. Lately I get repeated messages to upgrade to version 9.00. These nag screens PREVENT my access to my computer remotely. Logmein can not "see" past your nag screen and it therefore will not even log on so that I may answer your request.

Now I have AVG at work and at home. My drive time is 1 hour on LA FWYs. I "NEED" to access my "other" computer all the time. If I don't have another person at the remote location (which is most of the time) I can't log in.

Solution: Stop requesting me to upgrade!

Question: Is there a way to turn this OFF?
November 12, 2009 22:30 Similar Issue #36997
Thornbrier

Novice
While not remote access, the nag screen as the OP so accurately stated it, is causing problems with many of my programs. Since it insists on being on top of everything it interrupts program processes. This has caused my system to crash on multiple occasions because the processes cannot tolerate no longer being the primary display.

I got AVG so that I would not have pop-ups from ad viruses, and now your program is being as annoying as what I got it to stop.

Please, how can I stop this screen? And upgrading is not an option.
November 18, 2009 21:24 Re: AVG Update Nag Screen Blocks Remote Access #40265
BIG AL 43

Have a look @ this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=37899#post_37899.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan

November 25, 2009 19:01 AVG Nag Screen BIG problems #43337
MrsNNorton

Novice
The nag screen to update to AVG 9 was driving me crazy. I can't upgrade. I have 384 meg of ram on a laptop running XP SP2 on a dial-up connection so auto update is turned off and I am out of ram. AVG 8.5 is already chugging. So I followed the suggestion on the link Big Al posted above (you are the MAN by the way... but I digress) and deleted the 'notification' folder. DISASTER! Now I don't get the notification (the good news) but whatever made it launch is still trying to launch it, but of course it can't, and my CPU is going to catch fire if I can't find a way to turn this off. Is there anything I can do?