June 30, 2009 19:42 Start up and PAV #2667
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
butterbean65

Novice
When I reboot or shut down my computer AVG does not automatically load on start up like it did before. How do I fix this?

Also I have a program that I need to get rid of. It is called Personal Antivirus. It is causing alot of my web pages to be blocked. I have tried an uninstall program and also did what the company said to do after 5 emails later and threat to report them to the BBB. Anyone know what I can do to delete this?
June 30, 2009 19:50 Re: Start up and PAV #2671
BIG AL 43

Here is a post about how we prefer to clean a system, these instructions also include cleaning spyware which often is as bad or worse than many viruses as well as other useful information How to clean an infected computer?.

There isn't an anti-spyware util available that cleans everything. That's why the Announcement post How to clean an infected computer? recommends the use of AVG 8.5 Free, MalwareByte's Anti-Malware & Spybot S&D.

AVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,052
Alan
June 30, 2009 23:07 Re: Start up and PAV #2725
AustrAlien

Hacker
butterbean65 wrote
Also I have a program that I need to get rid of. It is called Personal Antivirus

Googling "personal antivirus" brings up a lot of results, but you may find this one particularly useful to read, posted by Grinler:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-personal-antivirus

The use of Malwarebytes Antimalware (MBAM) is just one step in the procedure already suggested for you to follow.

AustrAlien
[b]Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

You need to supply all the necessary information, and I will consider assisting you: That is the way it works. [/b]