Folder AVG Forums » AVG for Mobile » Other Mobile products » Alarm Clock Xtreme New Permissions
May 7, 2014 13:11 Alarm Clock Xtreme New Permissions #242903
kluisi

Novice
The new version of the android app requires a new permission for retrieve running apps. I was just wondering why that was necessary and what prompted the change. I didn't see anything in the release notes or description except minor improvements and bug fixes and to me those wouldn't normally require any new permissions.

I do like the app and I'll probably upgrade anyway, but I 2 anted to see if I could get an explanation first.

Thanks.
May 7, 2014 13:30 Re: Alarm Clock Xtreme New Permissions #242905
BIG AL 43

@ kluisi

Please see top of this webpage. You may not have noticed but this forum has now been virtually closed down to become 'read only'. Perhaps you may wish to now post @ 'AVG Community' http://www.avg.com/support (Scroll Down). [Search & Post in 'Other Mobile Products']

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
May 7, 2014 16:10 Re: Alarm Clock Xtreme New Permissions #242909
kluisi

Novice
BIG AL 43 wrote
@ kluisi

Please see top of this webpage. You may not have noticed but this forum has now been virtually closed down to become 'read only'. Perhaps you may wish to now post @ 'AVG Community' http://www.avg.com/support (Scroll Down). [Search & Post in 'Other Mobile Products']

Thanks for the tip @BIG AL 43. I did see the banner, but I actually thought it was one of those advertisement banners that are meant to look real to entice clicks. Anyway, I posted my question here:

AVG Support Community - Other Mobile Products.

So feel free to close this out.

Thanks.
May 7, 2014 16:27 Re: Alarm Clock Xtreme New Permissions #242910
BIG AL 43

OK kluisi, No probs..

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support