Folder AVG Forums » AVG 2013 » AVG 2013 » AVG Is As Bad As A Virus
March 8, 2014 22:07 AVG Is As Bad As A Virus #240992
dontcare666

Novice
This is the third time now AVG has detected Warframe as a threat, despite my adding it to exceptions twice previously, only this time, while I was in the middle of a mission, AVG deleted my game WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. All of my customs settings, etc? GONE. Even though I added Warframe YET AGAIN to exceptions AVG decided to go ahead and delete it anyways. It's not the first time it's done this, but it certainly will be the last. So now I have to wait for Warframe to completely redownload, while missing the in-game Alert mission as well. It's done similar to other games, as well as causing me to lag to hell when I'm in a game because it decided to update itself (again without my permission, as I had auto-updates turned off and denied it before about updating to 2014). Other AVs have a gamemode or something, but nooo, not AVG. And now it's not even letting me uninstall it; there's no option anywhere that I can see, even in the program folder. Will someone please tell how to get this virus-disguised-as-an-av completely off my PC? It's almost as bad as Norton.
March 8, 2014 22:39 Re: AVG Is As Bad As A Virus #240993
BIG AL 43

dontcare666 wrote
Will someone please tell how to get this virus-disguised-as-an-av completely off my PC?

If that's what you really want!.. Just follow completely all the uninstall procedure outlined in this link Uninstall / Re-Install Instructions. Also if you're not sure about 32 or 64 bit on your system have a look @ this link #140471.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
March 15, 2014 06:10 Disapproved post #241216
baoxiaotian

Novice
The post has been evaluated as inappropriate and therefore it was disapproved.
May 7, 2014 14:43 Re: AVG Is As Bad As A Virus #242907
dontcare666

Novice
BIG AL 43 wrote
dontcare666 wrote
Will someone please tell how to get this virus-disguised-as-an-av completely off my PC?

If that's what you really want!.. Just follow completely all the uninstall procedure outlined in this link Uninstall / Re-Install Instructions. Also if you're not sure about 32 or 64 bit on your system have a look @ this link #140471.

Wow, seriously? You actually have to download a program to make sure you get rid of everything AVG installed? It really is a virus. AVG is THE WORSE.
May 7, 2014 14:46 Re: AVG Is As Bad As A Virus #242908
dontcare666

Novice
BIG AL 43 wrote
dontcare666 wrote

Wow. Seriously. You actually need to download a program to make sure everything AVG installed is gone? It really is a virus. AVG is THE WORST. :angry: :angry: :angry: