Folder AVG Forums » AVG for Mac » AVG AntiVirus » So Where Are The Viruses?
March 9, 2014 20:15 So Where Are The Viruses? #241015
dbaps

Novice
Silly question...I downloaded this product to try it out. I did a scan. It got to 100% complete and said I had some viruses. Now what? It doesn't show me what it found. It doesn't show me if it cleaned the files. How do I continue once the scan is completed?

It is possible that the scan was not finished even though it said 100% complete.

Running scan again. What should I see?
March 9, 2014 20:46 Re: So Where Are The Viruses? #241017
BIG AL 43

@ dbaps

OK, Just to keep you fully in the picture regarding AVG Team forum support.. For your further guidance/info please refer to the availability Announcement post @ the top of the Information forum area. Please bear in mind that it's also now the weekend [9:46pm Sunday evening] in Brno, Czech Rep.. & also that there might presently be just a very slight delay regarding any reply due to a forum postings backlog.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
March 11, 2014 08:44 Re: So Where Are The Viruses? #241076
Munphf

Hi dbaps,

Thank you for your post.

When is Scan completed and some threats are found (and Realtime protection is enabled) such malicious/suspicious files are blocked (cannot be run, moved etc).

When such situation happens, you may click on "Review and Take Action" (available when is Scan finished) button to open next window where you can decide what you would like to do with such findings. You may delete them all, delete only selected ones or keep them on place.

If you decide to not delete some of the files, such files will remain blocked by Realtime Protection.

Actual version of AVG Antivirus for Mac does not contain any kind of "Scan Results" or "Virus Vault" function for later reviews of scans, so only way how to show AVG findings again is to re-scan your Mac one more time.