Folder AVG Forums » AVG 2014 » AVG 2014 » Internet and Network » How To Get Rid Of AVG Secure Search From New Tabs In Firefox
February 20, 2014 13:48 How To Get Rid Of AVG Secure Search From New Tabs In Firefox #240429
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
dirtydozenontherunin2014

Novice
This problem is totally infuriating me. I have followed all the previous threads and followed all the advice given and nothing seems to work. I am running Win7 Pro and I have the latest version of Firefox. I do not have AVG installed on my PC and have not previously installed it. As far as I can determine I do not have AVG Security Toolbar installed and nor have I KNOWINGLY installed it. Yet I still have the problem of AVG Secure Search appearing instead of my home page when I open a new tab in FF. I would appreciate help to get rid of this unwanted annoyance.
February 20, 2014 16:12 Re: How To Get Rid Of AVG Secure Search From New Tabs In Firefox #240439
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
BIG AL 43

dirtydozenontherunin2014 wrote
I do not have AVG installed on my PC and have not previously installed it. As far as I can determine I do not have AVG Security Toolbar installed and nor have I KNOWINGLY installed it. Yet I still have the problem of AVG Secure Search appearing instead of my home page when I open a new tab in FF.

You may well have unwittingly installed it with some 3rd party application that you've downloaded. Have a look @ this old AVG Team posting #200379.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support