Folder AVG Forums » AVG for Mobile » AVG for Android » My Phone Is Locked.. Please Help
November 29, 2013 02:45 My Phone Is Locked.. Please Help #237256
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
maria1190

Novice
Hello, I got a phone and I downloaded the FREE App (AVG) from google, so I clicked on the 14 day trial for Theft protection, as I was trying it out from my computer to see if it worked on command I did Lock and it asked me for a password (Which I did) then when I commanded to unlock from my computer again, it did unlocked but now is on a screen asking for another password that I don't know about and thinking that it was going to erase and go back to normal I purchase that app but it didn't help, then later I decided to uninstall the phone from my computer but that didn't seem to help either. Anyway, how can I get the password? I've called a million people from AVG and they can't seem to help, and I am really upset!!
November 29, 2013 23:28 Re: My Phone Is Locked.. Please Help #237298
Cubana87

Novice
Couple of people have the same problem, in my case, I've setup the AVG Anti-Thift service. When I activated it, I went to the website (clicked on a link in my mail box-Auto login) and there where a lot of options: locate, unlock and also lock your phone. I tried the lock service, made a password to unlock it and after that I looked at my phone. The lock worked so I've decided to press unlock. It didnt work so I've unregistered the device. Now I don't know what to do at all! I can't do anything with a locked phone! Please help me. :surprised:
November 30, 2013 00:15 Re: My Phone Is Locked.. Please Help #237300
BIG AL 43

@ maria1190 / cubana87

OK, Just to keep you fully in the picture regarding AVG Team forum support.. For your further guidance/info please refer to the availability Announcement post @ the top of the Information forum area. Please bear in mind that it's also now the weekend [1:15am Saturday morning] in Brno, Czech Rep..

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
December 6, 2013 15:10 Re: My Phone Is Locked.. Please Help #237531
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello all,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with better description and photo of screen.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
December 18, 2013 23:02 Re: My Phone Is Locked.. Please Help #237953
skinsey70

Novice
Same Issue - Android Screen Lock..

I'm having the exact same issue, I installed AVG for Android and proceeded to test it. I sent the lock command of which worked fine. When I attempted to unlock it using the password that I specified it failed to unlock it so I sent the unlock command of which readily removed the AVG password prompt but now the Android password prompt is engaged and I don't have that password since it was NEVER engaged prior to any of this. Please help I don't want to reset my flipping tablet over a problem that this app clearly has created. Thanks in advance!!

January 6, 2014 09:36 Re: My Phone Is Locked.. Please Help #238637
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello skinsey70,

Please provide us with a photo of locked screen as requested.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support