Folder AVG Forums » AVG 2013 » AVG 2013 » [SOLVED] avgdiagex.exe Has Encountered A Problem
November 21, 2013 17:50 [SOLVED] avgdiagex.exe Has Encountered A Problem #236930
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
TOOUR

Novice
Every few minutes a pop up window comes up that says: avgdiagex.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, please tell microsoft about this, etc. etc. I click SEND ERROR REPORT or I click DON'T SEND and the pop up goes but it is back in a few mins.
How do I get rid of it?
Many thanks
TOOUR
November 25, 2013 15:12 Re: avgdiagex.exe Has Encountered A Problem #237062
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello TOOUR,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (MSInfo output, process crash dump (Post-Mortem), etc).

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
November 26, 2013 14:29 Re: avgdiagex.exe Has Encountered A Problem #237103
TOOUR

Novice
diagex.exe..

Hello pokornyz,
Thanks for your reply. I managed to solve the problem, by chance! A 'add on' program for AVG, - TUNEUP' - every time I clicked this program the popup window (diagex.exe) instantly came on the screen. I uninstalled the 'tune up' and the problem went.
I have downloaded other small 'add on' programs for, so called improving the speed etc of Adobe, Internet Explorer, AVG, and others and often there has been a nuisance problem come up. I have therefore uninstalled ALL of these so called helpful programs and I shan't be in a rush to download any in future.
My advice to anybody who is not expert in this computer buisiness is if they downloaded any 'helpful' program and a problem comes up then uninstall it.