November 8, 2013 21:52 Invalid Password Virus #236414
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Elochai

Novice
Ok I got a strange one, I can't tell you where I picked this up too as I wasn't the one to use the computer last. But I can tell you what this virus is doing and that AVG does not detect it.

This virus is messing with the password fields. I am not sure if it doing anything else but if I type my password for logging into the computer, any other programs, a website, or anything that needs a password. It will be always come back as invalid.

At first I thought it was my keyboard and maybe a bad key but this happens for anything that needs a password and has a password field. So it can't be a bad key as I use different passwords for many programs and sites. I also tested my keyboard and its fine.

I did find a way around it for now to log into things like the forums here. I can use the on screen keyboard. This tells me that this virus must only be reading input of keyboard devices and not software keyboards, along with password protected fields.

I ran AVG (I own a full copy), it never found anything. I turned it off and ran Avast and it found 1 virus / exploit for Java and removed it. But this didn't fix the issue either. I ran McAfee and it found 1 virus / exploit for Java but nothing else and didn't fix anything.

I'm guessing this thing is new, my next step is Kaspersky and then malwarebytes after that if it doesn't fix it.

I really can't format this system, I have way to much data to backup or lose and a lot of it is pictures and video of my dad before he passed away. (This is why virus creators are on the list of scum that the world can do without, they're to ignorant to see that some data they destroy is personal data that one can never get back)

Anyway, if any of you know how to fix this or know where to look for it, let me know. I really like to grab the infected file and send it to AVG so they can add it into the virus database (Though this not the 1st virus I had to give to AVG so they would protect users from it :/)
November 10, 2013 02:18 Re: Invalid Password Virus #236448
Elochai

Novice
FOUND THE VIRUS IN REGISTRY, NEED HELP GETTING IT TO AVG VIRUS LAB

Kaspersky didn't find anything at all.

Malwarebytes on the other hand did find what I believe is the problem. Only thing is, it a Rootkit and it's in the registry so it not really a file I can package up.

There 2 virus, both seem to be working together, One is a Trojan.Zaccess and the other is a Trojan.Siredef.

I would like to get them to AVG so that they can add protection for them. So before I let Malwarebytes wipe them off my computer. How can I get them out of the registry and into a file to zip up and send to AVG virus lab?
November 18, 2013 08:42 Re: Invalid Password Virus #236759
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Elochai,

We would like to kindly ask you to provide us with them as described here.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support