Folder AVG Forums » AVG 2013 » AVG 2013 » Getting An Error: Services Not Running
October 18, 2013 01:22 Getting An Error: Services Not Running #235378
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
gemynd

Novice
I have rec'd an error a couple of times recently where I open a browser (any browser) and I cannot access any site. I get an error from AVG stating that "services not running". I checked the AVG service, and it is running. I tried to restart the service, but that did not help. I had to reboot my PC in order to get it to work.

I have two questions. (1) What is causing this issue; and (2) if it does happen, how can I bypass AVG in order to use the internet? I understand that question 2 actually renders AVG security moot, so I'm not sure if that is even an option.
October 23, 2013 11:41 Re: Getting An Error: Services Not Running #235666
Alex Brandon

Novice
Services Not Running..

I had a similar problem whereby I installed AVG 2013 and after that I could not access the internet. I tried different ways of solving but at last something worked for me and I will share it with you.
I discovered that the firewall that comes with the antivirus was the one blocking the internet. To confirm this I had to disable the antivirus and I saw that I could connect so I decided to uninstall the program and use CCleaner to clear everything related to the antivirus. Then I reinstalled it without the firewall option. I did this by unchecking the AVG Network filter driver. To do this right click the adapter you use for internet connection and select properties.

See other solutions here http://www.techyv.com/questions/problem-installation-avg-anti-virus

November 4, 2013 09:27 Re: Getting An Error: Services Not Running #236146
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello gemynd,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (better description, screenshot, MSInfo output, etc).

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support