Folder AVG Forums » AVG 2013 » AVG 2013 » Internet and Network » YouTube/AVG Issue
Page 1 of 2 12››
October 10, 2013 21:15 YouTube/AVG Issue #235001
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
RPB353

Novice
Hello,

Whenever my AVG Internet Security 2013 is running, I have an issue with Youtube stalling my internet connection and requiring a PC restart to resolve it. Quite often I cannot revisit a video it has occurred during. Meanwhile other videos may play in their entirety, others may never even start and some may just stop half way through, for instance. Scrolling ahead a few minutes in a video also causes it. When the issue occurs, files I have downloading in the background seem to continue, so it seems there is some connection remaining, but any attempt to connect to a website fails. I turned off AVG earlier and I successfully played several videos on Youtube without the issue occurring. I'm hoping it's a common issue and easily rectified via the AVG settings. There are quite a few details I could give but I'll leave it at that for now in the hope there is a simple solution based on the information I have given thus far. Any info' would be greatly appreciated because this issue has been driving me absolutely nuts. I've used AVG I.S 2012 and that gave me no problems.

Thank you very much :smile:

EDIT: Someone recommended turning off the Accelerator feature, citing that while this may not be the cause of the problem, it would help in my case. So while I still don't know what has caused this issue with Youtube and my internet connection, it seems to have helped as far as I can tell. I would much rather leave accelerator on quite honestly and find the real cause to the problem. I might just have to upgrade to 2014, however I don't see why 2013 is experiencing this problem.
October 11, 2013 14:53 Re: YouTube/AVG Issue #235050
bewilderedman

Novice
Welcome to "The Club". I have the EXACT same problem. EXACTLY. Disabling Web browsing protection/Link Scanner Surf-shield helped briefly, but now that doesn't help.
I've read on other posts that upgrading to 2014 resolves the issue. My bewilderment: I purchased AVG 2013 in Feb. 2013 and have had extensive youtube usage all year long without this problem; why now? This problem started a few weeks ago.
http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=234366
October 11, 2013 15:08 Re: YouTube/AVG Issue #235051
bewilderedman

Novice
BTW... For new members of "The Club", here's a screenshot of how to disable the Accelerator in AVG 2013.
acceleratorscreen.jpg
October 11, 2013 16:29 Re: YouTube/AVG Issue #235054
RPB353

Novice
Well I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one to experience this issue. I even wasted loads of time on the phone to Virgin Media. Youtube seems to be fine now, and fingers crossed it stays that way. I only disabled the Accelerator feature and left everything else untouched, such as Surf Shield and Online Shield. It's been driving me insane for months so it's such a relief to have it resolved but knowing my luck it'll start happening again. I think I also experienced what you did, in that I don't recall this happening right away once I began using 2013... but it wasn't far off. Well if your experience is anything to go by, my problem will soon resurface. I'll just have to upgrade to 2014 I suppose. I loathe problems like this, it's something I think we could all just do without. Apparently upgrading to AVG I.S 2014 is free so if you have a license, you could try doing that.
October 12, 2013 21:24 Re: YouTube/AVG Issue #235113
HectorII

Novice
I had the same problem with AVG Free 2013, but never guessed that AVG was causing it until I saw this thread. (I figured my cable company was the culprit.) YouTube seems to be working better with 2014, but there are various other issues at this time...

October 15 Update: YouTube is now more dysfunctional than ever thanks to recent updates. I'm running AVG Free 2014, therefore I don't have Online Shield so there's no setting to disable AVG's "Decelerator." (However Online Shield mysteriously reported blocking NeoSploit exploit several days ago!?)

October 21 Update: YouTube is currently working much better again with 2014 Free.
October 21, 2013 18:33 Re: YouTube/AVG Issue #235573
RPB353

Novice
HectorII wrote
I had the same problem with AVG Free 2013, but never guessed that AVG was causing it until I saw this thread. (I figured my cable company was the culprit.) YouTube seems to be working better with 2014, but there are various other issues at this time...

October 15 Update: YouTube is now more dysfunctional than ever thanks to recent updates. I'm running AVG Free 2014, therefore I don't have Online Shield so there's no setting to disable AVG's "Decelerator." (However Online Shield mysteriously reported blocking NeoSploit exploit several days ago!?)

I'm not a computer wiz so can't help unfortunately. I struggle to resolve things with others' help lol. I hope you and 'bewilderedman' get it all sorted out because it's a really frustrating problem to encounter. So far mine seems okay but I worry Youtube will start experiencing the same issues again. Fingers crossed. Goodluck finding a solution!
October 22, 2013 14:11 Re: YouTube/AVG Issue #235631
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello all,

If you are experiencing this issue please send the AVG Diagnostics output for closer analysis.
- Download and run the runner_en.exe.
- Follow displayed instructions.- Fill in your e-mail address, attach link to this conversation and briefly describe issue you are having.
- Click the Diagnose and send results button to send the data.- Let me know once the data are sent.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
October 22, 2013 19:03 Re: YouTube/AVG Issue #235642
gazzie12000

Novice
Hi

I experienced this but to a much more serious degree and am not sure if a virus got me at the same time - please read what happened and help if possible. :smile:

I have exactly the same problem and never thought it was aYoutube/AVG conflict. My internet just hangs with the dreaded spinning wheels and I have to restart my pc to get back to normal. It does not happen every time I'm on Youtube, but has happened probably a dozen times in total.

However today got really strange.

After I re started my pc I got a few flashing message boxes that were gone before I could read them, but one was to do with VPROT.exe and one with Toolbardownloader.exe I think. When my desktop loaded I noticed that AVG had changed to a"free 2013" version instead of my full 2013 version.

Secondly my pc clock was reset to 11pm 31 December 2002! It would not link to the internet to synchronize.

Also I when I tried to get online I had a message saying that "the server you are connecting to is using a certificate that could not be verified.....not within validity period when verifying against current system clock or timestamp....", maybe this was just because of the time clock error on my pc?

Thirdly AVG had a different License Key number.

I did a few things:
1. reset the pc clock manually.
2. rebooted my internet modem
3. Did AVG scan and Malwarebytes scan

AVG found a virus that was something to do with AdwareGeneric5.ZAS in MyDocs\KLite Codec Pack for video\KLite setup.exe

(I wrote it down quickly and it was lost when I got AVG back to normal)

Malwarebytes found 8 items that were all similar to this
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tarma Installer\{2E1037EA-038A-425F-86B9-6CD19B8497E9}\Setup.exe

I managed to get my AVG License and install it again and got back to my full 2013 version, but it lost the virus data it held to date.

Can anyone confirm that I either did or did not have a virus, and if I still might have it, and also if it was just to do with the youtube/AVG conflict? It seems a massive coincidence that the youtube glitch happened at the same time so hopefully that is all it was?

I am worried a virus/malware got in and changed my clock and changed AVG - can anyone put my mind at rest?

PS I am totally none technical so please bear that in mind! :smile:

By the way my pc is behaving completely normally at the moment.

Thanks

Gaz
October 23, 2013 08:50 Re: YouTube/AVG Issue #235658
gazzie12000

Novice
Hi

Update to my last post #235642.

This morning when I turned my pc on I had what looked like raining on my monitor desktop background and also on webpages. It was diagonal moving lines that looked exactly like rain which changed direction to vertical then back to horizontal and back again slowly. It stopped after about 20 minutes.

Also pc is a bit sluggish as is internet.

I am worried someone has hacked/hijacked my pc - tried using the runner en.exe tool mentioned in post #235631 but it runs then fails to upload the data and stops every time I try.

Anyone have any answers to my symptoms please?

Thanks

Gaz

October 23, 2013 14:38 Re: YouTube/AVG Issue #235674
gazzie12000

Novice
Hi

Anyone have any idea about my problem yesterday?

I have been looking around online and it maybe that my CMOS battery on the motherboard needs replacing as that can cause the clock/date issue. This also causes the server connecting warning messages I was getting.

Is it possible that the date/time error (my PC reverted to December 2002) also made my AVG revert to the Free Version because it couldn't connect to the internet on PC start up to verify my existing AVG account - I notice on start up that an exclamation mark appears over the tray icon - is it checking with my details with AVG? If it couldn't connect that might explain why it defaulted to the Free 2013 version?

Trying to get a rational explanation and prove I'm not being hacked/hijacked! :smile:

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Gaz
Page 1 of 2 12››