Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » PC Tuneup » [SOLVED] AVG 2014 Problems With AVG PC TuneUp 2014
September 12, 2013 18:42 [SOLVED] AVG 2014 Problems With AVG PC TuneUp 2014 #233670
Carlycho

Novice
I have both AVG PC TuneUp 2014 and AVG 2014 Internet Security installed with licence numbers correctly entered.

When I run TuneUp it runs smoothly and no problem. But when I open the AVG 2014 Internet Security suite, the box called Fix Performance (PC Analyzer) is banded orange to say it needs running.

When I click to run it, and click Analyze Now, it checks the same things that TuneUp checks and then offers to clean the errors up. If I click Fix Now, the Internet page opens which invites me to download AVG PC TuneUp.

If I click to download the download page detects the TuneUp program already on my PC (which is newer than the one being offered for download) and if I do uninstall the one already on my PC, the AVG website "Sorry to lose you" comes up with an offer to allow me to download TuneUp for just £17 - but I already bought it and installed it!

It seems that the Fix Performance part of AVG 2014 cannot "see" AVG PC TuneUp and tries to install it.

What can I do? I have tried uninstalling both programs and re-installing but the problem comes back.

If I run Fix Performance and it leads me to buy AVG TuneUp and I actually buy it as directed, can I get a refund on the earlier one I bought? The details of both downloads are stored on this forum of course.

Hope someone can help.
September 13, 2013 09:04 Re: AVG 2014 Problems With AVG PC TuneUp 2014 #233702
Carlycho

Novice
Goodbye AVG..

As you politely request in your posting rules, I will keep this courteous and polite and thank you for the privilege of being able to use this AVG forum.

Despite a complete reset of my laptop to factory settings and re-installing AVG Internet Security 2014 and AVG PC TuneUp 2014, I still find AVG Internet Security telling me the maintenance scan is out of date and when I run it, it directs me to buy AVG PC TuneUp which is already on the PC.

You would think that AVG would at least test its goods to make sure they are compatible with each other and so, with respect and courtesy, I politely have to tell you that I will tonight be uninstalling all AVG from my laptop and will be looking at one of your competitors for a better product. I don't think it will take me too long to find something better than what I already have.

Goodbye AVG.
(PS: found it: BitDefender AV Plus)
September 18, 2013 16:21 Re: AVG 2014 Problems With AVG PC TuneUp 2014 #233891
Carlycho

Novice
Refund - thank you AVG..

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to find that AVG were prompt in sending a full refund upon my request after about two weeks.

Having read so many frustrated posts on this forum, I feared the worst but I have to say thank you to the AVG support team for responding and refunding without argument or hassle.

It is unfortunate that for my laptop AVG Internet Security just would not work with the AVG PC TuneUp and sadly I had to give up trying to get them to work, otherwise I would have kept both.

Thank you AVG.