Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » PC Tuneup » [SOLVED] Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29%
Page 2 of 4 ‹‹1234››
June 10, 2013 12:53 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #230103
josemayi

Novice
Pokornyz wrote
Hello Srekjen,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (screenshot, MSInfo output, etc).

Thank you

I'm running on the same problem, but mine is stuck at 27%. I noticed this thread has been going around in circles not really getting anywhere. I will be glad to help and give you guys as much information as I can, but unfortunately, all i can provide you with at the moment is a picture of what I see on screen because I cant boot up. Every time I try to boot up it either opens up repair options or starts AVG tuneup "scanning and repairing..." Is there a way to bypass the avg scan and repair? Maybe stop the service in command prompt? By the way, this has not been going on for 20 minutes or 3 hours.....this has been going on since 5pm EST until 8am EST the next day. I just decided to try and restart to see if i can boot windows just fine but I can't because of that scan...I can't restore windows to a previous point because it gives me an error every time I try to do so. As a developer myself, I realize this is not much help without the logs, but please provide me with a way to obtain the logs with the stated problem and I will be happy to do so.
image.jpg
June 13, 2013 07:53 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #230205
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello josemayi,

Please be informed that this issue is caused by operating system itself. We've prepared the Disk scan stops at 27% after using AVG PC TuneUp article where you can find latest updates and workaround.

Old information wrote
We were able to induce progress stuck, but scanning/repairing always finished successfully. Please note that if you chose complete scan and you have multiple/large hardrives it can take several hours.

For help on your issue please try boot to Windows safe mode according to this.

Run registry editor and edit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\BootExecute value to autocheck autochk *.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
June 15, 2013 07:28 Disapproved post #230295
avgsucksshit

Novice
The post has been evaluated as inappropriate and therefore it was disapproved.
June 17, 2013 17:47 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #230375
lish71

Novice
stuck on 27%..

AVG
I am not sure how you expect anyone to post screen pics and logs, etc when our screens are stuck on "scanning and repairing drive (c) 27% complete. There is no possible way to send you anything when we can't even get into our computer. To ask this just makes no sense and I am very sorry that I ever put your product on my laptop. Now I am totally hosed up and have no idea if I can get it repaired because I am getting no support from AVG.
June 18, 2013 10:25 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #230401
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello lish71,

For help on your issue please refer to this post.

Thank you

AVG Team
July 13, 2013 14:41 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #231340
psyfertech

Novice
Very Disappointed..

I myself have had actually a pretty good experience with this software but in my case i already have a very fast computer but it was being slowed down a fraction by fragmenting and registry errors also unnecessary files and what not and this tuneup thing fixed all of that with no issues what so ever. So what im thinking is that most of you who are having these issues like AVG said also is it could be a software problem interfering with it or it could be that your computers were already having problems and since tuneup does such a thorough scan you might have had to just give it more time before shutting down.

I also am disappointed at AVG in the way they are handling this issue because just imagine if it was your computer and the last thing you had open was their software before it crashed and didnt turn on again. You would be pretty angry, so AVG you need to help these people for real. I understand that you need information to do so and i notice that most of them arent really even willing to try and provide the information which they should in order to get this s**t taken care of.

Just my opinions, thank you
July 26, 2013 20:20 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #231843
Nikkisyard

Novice
Also stuck at 27%..

Totally with you there psyfertech... I have been a loyal AVG user having purchased both the Internet Security package and Tuneup. I'm stuck at 27% on my 4 week old HP Envy touch screen windows 8 Ultrabook... It dragged a bit today (I'm a bit of a power user and tend to demand alot so I usually scan/defrag etc regularly).... first time with using advanced scan and I get this...
I'm staring at it now....
So how do I get the info needed?? Surely there is some clue of what the problem is? Windows 8 incompatible possibly? I can't see how my brand new laptop already has such a problem sizes this? Never has a problem with my other W7 laptops....

Came to get help here and 'Julia' the auto chat dolly gave me pathetically feeble answers to a simple Q.
Pretty darn disappointed - and will be livid if I can't get her working again as I need this laptop to run my business!!

Refund please!!
July 27, 2013 11:17 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #231858
BIG AL 43

@ Nikkisyard

OK, Just to keep you fully in the picture regarding AVG Team forum support.. For your further guidance/info please refer to the availability Announcement post @ the top of the Information forum area. Please bear in mind that it's also now the weekend [1:17pm Saturday afternoon] in Brno, Czech Rep..

Refund please!!

Refund.. If that's what you really require?.. For your info have a look @ FAQ #550 - What is AVG's refund policy.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
August 13, 2013 16:32 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #232468
ekstrashouse

Novice
same issue..

I had AVG remove a virus. At that time it ask me to reboot. I did but when my laptop came up its standard ps/2 keyboard driver was corrupted. I reran the virus scan - found nothing then tried to clean the disk stuck at 5 of 5 at 37%. Can't make it skip the fix as the keyboard is not working. Help
August 20, 2013 08:20 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #232700
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello ekstrashouse,

Can you try using USB keyboard?

Or you can using AVG Rescue CD to do that similarly as described here.

Thank you

AVG Team
Page 2 of 4 ‹‹1234››