Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » LiveKive » This Product Has Been Abandoned
Page 1 of 2 12››
June 16, 2013 15:05 This Product Has Been Abandoned #230317
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Burt Johnson

Novice
All,

I think its time to accept that AVG has abandoned this product. There has not been a new version of the client software since fall 2011. We see the same problems reported over and over again and the response is that a new version is "coming soon". And I could post here a long list of bugs, problems, and quirks that make LiveKive border on useless.

I am considering this a failed experiment. Price wise, the $79 a year for unlimited data and unlimited devices is best in the industry. And I love AVG Antivirus. So I really, really wanted to like this product. But lets face it. It is a failure. I should have demanded a refund months ago but I kept hoping that things would get better - and it didn't. Well, my data is up there somewhere and even though its difficult to get at at least its something. So I guess I will keep it while I evaluate other company's products until my subscription expires in August.

To everyone considering this product - don't do it. AVG has basically abandoned it other than someone periodically coming on this forum telling everyone that it will be fixed "soon". Well, after 10 months with it, I've had enough of that answer. crying
July 16, 2013 03:21 Re: This Product Has Been Abandoned #231430
lukache

Novice
Dear Mr. Johnson,

I feel the same way and for the time being AVG is still charging for renewals.

Same bug exists for over a year now and no new version in sight (not even a Beta).

Got to reinstall the product from time to time since it stops syncing and drive C fills up like there is no tomorrow (even when emptying C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\AVG LiveKive\tss_external_blocks_pandora_sqliite_database).

Still cheap for the amount of disk space compared to the competition.

Cheers everyone.

Luis
July 24, 2013 20:27 Re: This Product Has Been Abandoned #231746
mattbarker83uk

Novice
It certainly seems that way what with the lack of support for the product, major bug that hasn't been fixed in a year, slow responses from customer services, etc...

Such a shame as when the product was working it was good and very good value for money. The people behind the product (SpiderOak) have helped me out when AVG were useless and hopefully they will continue investing in it.

Matt
July 26, 2013 14:14 Re: This Product Has Been Abandoned #231830
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello all,

Unfortunately there is no update planned.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
July 28, 2013 10:15 Re: This Product Has Been Abandoned #231890
Polarsec

Novice
Pokornyz wrote
Hello all,

Unfortunately there is no update planned.

Thank you

Hello,
I'm fairly new to LiveKive but now have encountered all the problems mentioned here.
Can I cancel and get a refund?
July 28, 2013 12:47 Re: This Product Has Been Abandoned #231895
BIG AL 43

Pola**ec wrote

Refund.. If that's what you really require?.. For your info have a look @ FAQ #550 - What is AVG's refund policy.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
July 30, 2013 07:09 Re: This Product Has Been Abandoned #231976
Polarsec

Novice
BIG AL 43 wrote
Pola**ec wrote

Refund.. If that's what you really require?.. For your info have a look @ FAQ #550 - What is AVG's refund policy.

Thanks - that would help...
The product is just too buggy for me.
September 7, 2013 14:35 Re: This Product Has Been Abandoned #233436
Burt Johnson

Novice
Delete Devices..

I am dumping this product. I have downgraded my account to the free version and now I'm wanting to remove all devices from your system except for one which will keep me under the 5 GB limit on the free version and back up some critical stuff while I transition to a different backup product. I have uninstalled the client from all systems but now I can't seem to remove the devices from your system.

How do I do that. I want my data off of your system other than one device.

Edit.. Posting merged into your thread to keep everything together.
September 7, 2013 14:58 Re: This Product Has Been Abandoned #233438
Burt Johnson

Novice
Will Stop Payment..

Dear AVG. FYI as I mentioned when I started this thread, the product is near useless and there are now statements from AVG that "Unfortunately it will not be updated". Why don't you just confirm that the product is abandoned and stop charging people for it?

Be advised that I have downgraded my account to the free version because that's the only thing I could figure out how to do. But I can't figure out how to delete my devices from your system to bring my total down below the 5 GB limit for the free version.

I hope you don't intend to charge me for a renewal if I can't get my data below 5 GB. I really am trying but there just doesn't seem to be a way to do it. If you do charge me for a renewal, I will contact my credit card company and dispute the charge. You will not get any more money from me for this product.
February 9, 2014 16:28 Re: This Product Has Been Abandoned #239978
Douglasrac

Novice
Abandoned..

Its absurd the way they treat the customers. I bought this product a long time ago expecting the "new version soon" and now they just reply: no update is planned. Thats it?

I wonder if you care at all about your customers. The horrible service I received in LiveKive will definitely define my feeling about any other product of AVG.

Really absurd is also the fact they keep selling this alpha product. I should sue this company for moral damage.
Page 1 of 2 12››