Folder AVG Forums » General Information » Information » Weekly Overview: 27/2013
July 22, 2013 07:34 Weekly Overview: 27/2013 #231639
Pokornyz

Administrator
Windows 8.1 compatibility

Windows 8.1 Preview version was released. We would like to inform you that AVG 2013 is compatible with Windows 8.1. However you may receive the Program Compatibility Assistant warning (screenshot) in rare cases.
We are still investigating source of this issue. However it is possible to download and install beta version of AVG 2014 temporarily if you face this issue.

AVG Toolbar and Secure Search uninstallation

If you want to completely remove the AVG Secure Search and/or AVG Toolbar and associated browser changes, please follow the How to remove AVG Toolbar, homepage and Secure Search from your browser article where you can find detailed instructions.

My computer is infected

Many users are asking us how to proceed when they have a suspicion that their computer became infected. We have summarized general procedure in the My computer is infected. What do I do now? article. In case your AVG is not installed yet we recommend going through the How to install AVG on an infected computer article.

AVG Firewall is missing

AVG 2013 users are often confused why Firewall shows the ACTIVATE NOW status (screenshot).
We would like to let you know that this is not an error message but information that another layer of protection is available. It is displayed only in the AVG AntiVirus and AVG Free editions because Firewall is part of AVG Internet Security and AVG Premium Security. If you would like to maximize your computer protection and activate Firewall in your AVG just click on the Firewall button and follow displayed instructions.

AVG Trial expired

During the expiration of AVG Trial version, you will receive the “Don’t lose your AVG protection!” message (the wording may vary; screenshot). There are two options how to resume AVG protection once the trial expires.

1) You can purchase a license for the advanced protection you were enjoying.
2) You can remove the Trial version and install AVG Free for continued basic protection.

If you have any questions about any of these issues or need help resolving them, please contact AVG customer care experts or write us on AVG Forums.

Find more interesting articles at AVG Blogs.