OK, Just to keep you fully in the picture.. Regarding AVG (SMB) Team forum support bear in mind that it's now the weekend in UK.. For your further guidance/info please refer to the availability Announcement post @ the top of the Information forum area.
AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063 AlanHow-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
Windows XP Professional SP3
AVG for Window 2013.0.3343 (AVG Antivirus Business Edition 2013)
AVG Admin Console Version 2013.0.2892
AVG Admin Server version 2013.0.2892
Database System: Firebird Version 13.6.206
Other antivirus software installed / previously uninstalled (if any)
-No other antivirus
-Previously installed AVG 2012
Other protection software installed
-No other protection software
The exact error message you are getting (if any)
-Error message "Update Failed(The connection failed)
Sorry for missing your first post and thanks for the update log. The updates are failing to download from Admin due to a 404 not found error. This is being caused by the update URL being case sensitive. Please change the update URL for the Admin console as follows:
- Open the Admin Console > Tools > Shared Settings for Stations > Update > URL
- Select the 'AVG Admin Server' URL and choose edit
- Copy and paste the URL to a text file
- Click 'OK' and then delete the Admin URL from the update settings
- Once deleted click add, give the URL a name. Change the end of the URL copied to the text file from - /AVGupdate/ to /avgupdate/
- Copy back into the Admin Console
- Save the changes and synchronise the settings.
The workstations should now find the Admin Server when updating. If this does not help, please attach a new update log.
I did change AVGupdate to avgupdate but it still doesn't work. However, I tried to change the url to http://system01.domain.com:4158/AVGupdate/ and http://system01.domain.com:4158/avgupdate/ but nothing happen.