Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2012 Free Edition » [SOLVED] Remnants Of AVG Free 2012
May 9, 2013 19:45 [SOLVED] Remnants Of AVG Free 2012 #228896
BNRusso

Novice
Hi,
I'm running A dell E521 with Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32bit.
There is no AVG in the installed programs to try to uninstall.

I can't get on the internet. Shows local only, sometimes shows internet but will not go online.
Windows security says "AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2012 is on but is reporting it's status to windows Security Center in a format that is no longer supported. Use the program's automatic updating feature or contact the program manufacturer for an updated version.
If I try to change windows security option "not to report" or "I will monitor" it just hangs.
I've tried 2 versions of AVG click and fix and 2 versions of avg_remover by downloading via my laptop to a usb stick.
Since I can't get online I can't run click and fix as it needs to get the latest web info.

If I try to open windows task manager and show all processes from all users, it hangs here too.
If I wait a long time, (over an hour) I sometimes can get on the internet but I still get a "internet not available" when I try to run the click and fix even then.

Windows firewall says it's not using the recommended settings but will not allow me to open it to see them.

If I have to reboot or even logout the whole process starts over.

I've tried using norton removal (I think Dell came with a demo for Norton).

Any help is sincerely appreciated.
May 10, 2013 06:03 Re: Remnants Of AVG Free 2012 #228910
BNRusso

Novice
Resolved (sort of)..

I decided to install system 7 and remove Vista.
Couldn't wait any longer. I've been trying to solve this for several days.
Problem went away. AVG 2013 free works fine.
May 16, 2013 13:37 Re: Remnants Of AVG Free 2012 #229191
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello BNRusso,

We are happy to see that your issue is resolved.

Thank you for posting back.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support