Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » PC Tuneup » Quick Tune Reports Fragmentation @ 44%, Windows Disk Defragmenter Reports It As 0%
May 9, 2013 03:34 Quick Tune Reports Fragmentation @ 44%, Windows Disk Defragmenter Reports It As 0% #228863
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Stargoo

Novice
Some system details first:
Windows 7
AVG Internet Security 2013
No other security products installed. (I upgraded to AVG Internet Security from AVG AntiVirus this morning, and have disabled Zone Alarm by deselecting the box to load at Windows startup and restarting my PC)

Disk drives accessible on the PC:
C:\ Windows 7 and all software and working data is stored here.
D:\ HP factory image.
F:\ Physical USB drive that contains a TrueCrypt volume.
L:\ Logical drive created by TrueCrypt from the volume stored on F:/ This is used to store backups.
Y:\ Network mapped drive to a shared drive connected via ethernet to my router.

I have recently upgraded from AVG 2012 to AVG 2013. I ran the Quick Tune utility for the first time and it has produced the report, although I haven't yet clicked on the Fix Now button, because I was concerned by the level of disk fragmentation reported: 44%.

I have the built-in Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter running weekly and it is reporting 0% on all drives (C:, D: and L: ).

I am nervous about letting Quick Tune loose on defragmenting a drive when Windows reports that there is no fragmentation.

Is there any reason why Quick Tune reports the level of fragmentation as being so much higher than Windows reports it?

Also, Quick Tune does not indicate which drive is fragmented. I would assume it is only checking C:, but it doesn't actually state that.

thanks,
Tim
May 16, 2013 12:59 Re: Quick Tune Reports Fragmentation @ 44%, Windows Disk Defragmenter Reports It As 0% #229186
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Stargoo,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (screenshot, MSInfo output, run the command line and provide us with output from following commands "defrag c: /a /v" "defrag d: /a /v" "defrag l: /a /v").

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
May 18, 2013 13:45 Re: Quick Tune Reports Fragmentation @ 44%, Windows Disk Defragmenter Reports It As 0% #229275
Stargoo

Novice
files as requested..

Thanks Pokornyz. I've attached the files as requested.

May 18, 2013 15:53 Re: Quick Tune Reports Fragmentation @ 44%, Windows Disk Defragmenter Reports It As 0% #229281
BIG AL 43

@ Stargoo

OK, Just to keep you fully in the picture regarding AVG Team forum support.. For your further guidance/info please refer to the availability Announcement post @ the top of the Information forum area. Please bear in mind that it's also now the weekend [5:53pm Saturday afternoon] in Brno, Czech Rep..

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
June 10, 2013 13:38 Re: Quick Tune Reports Fragmentation @ 44%, Windows Disk Defragmenter Reports It As 0% #230105
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Stargoo,

I would like to let you know that your issue was transferred to our development.

We will keep you informed in this thread as soon as our developers investigate the issue further.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
June 10, 2013 21:38 Re: Quick Tune Reports Fragmentation @ 44%, Windows Disk Defragmenter Reports It As 0% #230117
Stargoo

Novice
Hi Pokornyz,

Thanks for keeping me updated. I look forward to seeing what they come up with.

- Tim